noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
thanks mate.
Now it's clear.

I'm still waiting for the postman to bring my gcpad to get into recovery mode.
I'm on 3.2 + TP Hack. lucky me
smile.gif

But somehow still unlucky cos of my dumbness bricking myself mit a wrong compressed banner...
within some private channel....
The only thing my wii does is showing the "load-system-menu-animation" and then black screen....

oh so you have starfall but no gc controller to boot with eh? ah well, at least that is an easy fix! :-)

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah, I have starfall installed...
But... I think I didn't use the recovery on gc-pad Y patch... Cos I don't have a gc pad yet....
Well, i don't remember exactly... if it's like that, I use the savemefrii method to get into the recovery mode.
I really hope this will make my wii boot TP and let me run wadmanager from SD Root....

//EDIT:
You know if an original Zelda will boot through the recovery mode without modchip?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
yeah, I have starfall installed...
But... I think I didn't use the recovery on gc-pad Y patch... Cos I don't have a gc pad yet....
Well, i don't remember exactly... if it's like that, I use the savemefrii method to get into the recovery mode.
I really hope this will make my wii boot TP and let me run wadmanager from SD Root....

//EDIT:
You know if an original Zelda will boot through the recovery mode without modchip?

thats what the diagnostic check patch is for, if you didn't install that, you'll need a chip and an autoboot disc. see my sig.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
exactly...
I can't remeber what I patched with starfall. Hopefully I have the diagnostic patch installed...
But on our side I can get a wiikey 1 for 10€ so maybe then it's time for me to hardmod my console.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
OriginalHamster said:
I think I getting it wrong

If you bricked your Wii it's because you install a corrupted .wad file, thereof you have hbc, tp-hack, wadmanager etc installed beforehand...
wtf.gif
or that is in case you brick your Wii by incorrect disc region update?
huh.gif
lawl

For this guide youll need sTarfall

and TP hack

and Wad manager boot.dol

For out of region fixing,

check my tut in my sig

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
I'm on 3.3, I have installed TP Hack beta 0.1, but not have the TP hack copied on the Wii saves manager

I'm good?
How do you mean that you have installed by not copying it over? For it to be 'installed' it must appear as a save file on the Wii.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
shazman1984 said:
arg, now to get my gc controller to open. im trying everything in my house, im trying not to shell out for a tri wing, super broke

I open mines with a regular plane ''---'' screwdriver, it must be small, so the edges can match with two borders of the triwing screw
wink.gif
. It took me time learn a technique, you should hold firm the screwdriver, because otherwise you only will damage the screw

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nanika said:
OriginalHamster said:
I'm on 3.3, I have installed TP Hack beta 0.1, but not have the TP hack copied on the Wii saves manager

I'm good?
How do you mean that you have installed by not copying it over? For it to be 'installed' it must appear as a save file on the Wii.

Installed, ready to run hbc.
It's necessary having a tp hack copy on my Wii saves? I hate having to change it every time I play Twilight.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
nanika said:
OriginalHamster said:

I'm good?

Installed, ready to run hbc.
It's necessary having a tp hack copy on my Wii saves? I hate having to change it every time I play Twilight.
The Homebrew Channel and the Twilight Hack are two separate things. In your case, you have installed the Twilight Hack, then used that to install the Homebrew Channel, then uninstalled the Twilight Hack.

Unfortunately, yes, it is necessary for the Twilight Hack to be on your Wii savegame list to protect against bricking...

shazman1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
shazman1984 said:
arg, now to get my gc controller to open. im trying everything in my house, im trying not to shell out for a tri wing, super broke

I open mines with a regular plane ''---'' screwdriver, it must be small, so the edges can match with two borders of the triwing screw
wink.gif
. It took me time learn a technique, you should hold firm the screwdriver, because otherwise you only will damage the screw

thanx for the tip, ill give it a shot.

shazman1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i got savemiifrii working. but im stuck at the black screen displaying my 3.3. i have TP retail and boot.dol on my sd card. i cant get TP to boot. please tell me i can do this without a modchip!!!!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shazman1984 said:
okay, so i got savemiifrii working. but im stuck at the black screen displaying my 3.3. i have TP retail and boot.dol on my sd card. i cant get TP to boot. please tell me i can do this without a modchip!!!!

you can't. you don't have the starfall diagnostic disc check patch (forces autoboot on any discs, even regular ones) so you will need a chip and an autoboot copy of zelda.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The ONLY chipless banner-brick solution:
PREINSTALLED Menu 3.2 + Starfall Diagnostic Check Patch + TP-Hack...have these? You're good.
Got a banner-brick on Menu 3.3, but no TP-Hack beta1? GAME OVER.
Got a banner-brick on Menu 3.4? GAME OVER.
amazing isn't is how people are still questioning it, I'm sure you have mentioned it every day when your'e on.....You already have a blog on bricks don't you Noob?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
noobwarrior7 said:
you can't. you don't have the starfall diagnostic disc check patch (forces autoboot on any discs, even regular ones) so you will need a chip and an autoboot copy of zelda.

So you still need starfall diagnostic disc check patch, even having 3.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wii Spurts