WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
sorry for being not that great thinker in this stuff, i never did a research in trucha signed stuff and modchips, cause i was never planning on putting in a modchip, untill now i have a banner brick...

might there be a way to extract savegames from the nand backup i made some weeks ago, then i can know for sure if i had my zelda save game on my wii or the tp hack...

cause i think it would be a waste of my money if i would buy a modchip if it would still not help to save my wii...

damned, i'm panic too much...

Search for the string zeldaTp.dat in the nand dump. If it's there then you have the hack I think. I hope you have, good luck
smile.gif

edit: Well sorry, possibly this could only work for old twilight hack (not the one for 3.3). Maybe others can help

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
and even if i would have used the old, i used the wininkoko nand backup, so it is devided in lots of folders and files... not only one file like the YAWND

well then take a look at the folder
title/00010000/525a4450/data

what are the files there?

ps: 525a4450 -> RZDP (for pal version)

ps2: you should see a loader.bin there if you have the twilight hack installed. If you open it in notepad you can see it's actually an executable file. Lots of strings in the end, you can search for the magic string USBGecko.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
data folder is empty like ll of the data folders on that part of the backup but the content folder there has a title.tmd saying this in hex workshop:

it is also only 1kb so i don't think that is the savegame itself... but like you told me about the folder number i'll try and find the savegame itself, or unless you might know where ;-)

edit: i can't seem to find it, i think it is in the sahred1 folder, but those are a lot of app files...

Well tmd is irrelevant in this case. Does anyone confirm If waninkoko's app extract the save data?

I used the yawnd dump and extract the files using my aes key with segher's zestig tool.

ps: just a guess, since fs browser also can't copy those files without the aes key then probabably waninkoko's app doesn't too...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
3.2U - NTSC modded with d2ckey, just banner bricked through the packed 0.app/banner.bin file using u8tool. Wii shows the health and warning screen then displays the error "...System files corrupted...".

Dumped zelda, made it autoboot - fail
Burned wad manager iso by paradox (a couple of times) - fail
Region friied wad manager iso and burned - fail

It's bad since I have an import wii, It's not under warranty
frown.gif

Any other options?

Before the brick I never tried running something with autoboot, maybe it actually never worked, I don't know... Another thing it was possibly missing some wires (about the one with the region free stuff). Could the problem be similar? What are the chances that I replace the modchip or drive that autoboot works?

ps1: I got my nand dump yesterday, also my keys... but I doubt anyone here can solder an infectus chip and reprogram the nand
frown.gif

ps2: Funny thing, the only thing that autoboots is freeloader

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
damn, that is very bad wiicrazy...

i was thinking of the same thing... but i don't think it is possible... at least not for me cause it would be trucha signed...

is there any way to autoboot a game with a modchip if you have 3.3? does the d2pro9 has a autoboot function? or do i need it to do it by the wii disc channel?

i am thinking of sending my wii to nintendo and hoping it won't cost me anything and it will be fixed...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
damn, that is very bad wiicrazy...

i was thinking of the same thing... but i don't think it is possible... at least not for me cause it would be trucha signed...

is there any way to autoboot a game with a modchip if you have 3.3? does the d2pro9 has a autoboot function? or do i need it to do it by the wii disc channel?

i am thinking of sending my wii to nintendo and hoping it won't cost me anything and it will be fixed...

Seems noone here actually have enough information about the subject, people just speculate including me. And it's right actually just send it off to nintendo and say electricity cut off when you were copying back a thing from the sd card. maybe they won't ask you anything at all. That should be the right path for you to take. If they tell you it's out of warranty I doubt they will since they need to diagnose the thing.

I will be pursuing the freeloader case... since it boots maybe there can be a way that a code injected into the iso solves my problem. and the second option assuming my d2ckey failing autoboot and swapping the drive with another modded drive. (that will be hard... I need to find such a wii in a repair house and persuade them to try)

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
there are modding online shops that sell wii drives of any kind so you can buy a new drive and put new modchip on it...

i was thinking of something like that indeed, cause else i don't know what i should do... it seems it will be a lost of money to buy a modchip if i can't autoboot...

Cerozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the "Wii system menu files are corrupted" message a while ago but my Wii still works. Whats up with that and am I in trouble?

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy: sounds like a weird problem and i doubt too many people have a guess why.

my only idea is that you take the freeloader image (since it works for whatever reason) and open it up with trucha and patch the main.dol with a different .dol such as Wad Manager. then set it to autoboot.

not sure exactly how these autoboot wad manager disks are made. i've never used one. the only way i've ever made a disc that would run homebrew .dol directly was to do what i just said. (i installed homebrew channel a long time ago by creating a disc in the same way that booted up SD elf load to avoid using the TP hack.)

give that a try and if it doesn't work you might just have to buy a new modchip you are sure that autoboots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i've tried to put my simping ways aside a bit, but i just gotta say before i go
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro
  • BladeHart @ BladeHart:
    Does anyone know how to unlock all the smash ultimate characters with a hacked switch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spend 50 hours playing the game
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Gotta smash em all!
    STDs as Pokemon hmmm Gonorrhea kind of sounds Pokemonish lol
    Gonorrhea used scabs and sores it was super effective!
    Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus
    +1
    Only 666 dollars for 24TBs lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two of these half the price Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB Internal Hard Drive Performance HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop (ST12000DM0007) (Renewed) https://a.co/d/cpVKNo1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    *Renewed. I don't like or trust "renewed, refurbished, reconditioned" anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I renewed your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Renewed is like following Psi around on his dates, then when he done doing the deed, he taps me in without her cleaning up first, no thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not being renewed that's unlocking more medical bills from stds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I just don't trust em for data. Maybe a used(renewed) car or something be ok tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like my girls like my car made in 2000
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like my products new, not buying a box of condoms (renewed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You already learned from buying used condoms from the first kid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tyrone said it was barley used
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wonder whatever happened to that ownage pranks guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I dont know why people hate on Starfield, I think its dope. I didn't play it day one, only started it couple weeks ago so maybe they fixed issues with updates already.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft could release a poop simulator and people will say it's shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Microsoft could release a poop simulator and people will say it's shit