Gaming I have $160, what should I buy for the NDS?

jordanlp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna buy an R4, but the $160 is after getting it and a 2gb microSD.

Thinking about the DS Trainer Toolkit so I can make Action Replay DS Codes.

Any Recommendations?

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say:
A case mod of you color choice,
A 2nd Flashcard and a GB card

OR

You could get a GP2x f-200

OR

You could give it to me and I'll spend it on the DS for you
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could cash the bills in for coins, and go all over your town/city putting the coins into gumball/prize machines, but not using them, so other people (usually kids) would walk up to them and be pleasantly surprised to see they get a free toy/gumball.

If you want to know what to get for yourself with that? You are already getting the stuff for the DS, i'd say get a refurbed PSP and hack the balls out of it.

Thats what i'd do.

jordanlp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I say:
A case mod of you color choice,
A 2nd Flashcard and a GB card

OR

You could get a GP2x f-200

OR

You could give it to me and I'll spend it on the DS for you
smile.gif

What's a GP2x f-200?

And I'm already gonna get a blue case mod.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was going to say spend the extra 10 bucks or whatever it costs on a Cyclo DS. It is the best flashcart out there. And get a new DS. I could never use the old DS's, I dont know how people can still use those things (don't mean to offend anyone
smile.gif
)

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
Yeah, I was going to say spend the extra 10 bucks or whatever it costs on a Cyclo DS. It is the best flashcart out there. And get a new DS. I could never use the old DS's, I dont know how people can still use those things (don't mean to offend anyone
smile.gif
)

Well, I dunno if its just my DS lite but I kinda prefer the old one in terms of controls. I like how the new one is slimmer and lighter, but sometimes i have difficulty going diagonal with the D-Pad. So for me I like the old D-Pad better.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I Like the fat ds better. ds lite have much brighter screen. But the fat one nicer graphics and beter sound. The lite's graphics just look a little bit more uglier. sorry for my bad english.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jordanlp said:
What's a GP2x f-200?
The GP2x is a Linux based handheld that can support games which are pretty much homebrew but way better, emulators, media, text reading and more. If you think this sounds like moonshell or something, it's not. It's way better as it was made for these functions and the f-200 is a newer model with a touch screen. It can't emulate DS/PSP though, but if you love Arcade games, this will certainly be a choice. And since it's Linux, it's open source pretty much. There's also a GBA emulator, but I don't think it works too well right now.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nico445 said:
I Like the fat ds better. ds lite have much brighter screen. But the fat one nicer graphics and beter sound. The lite's graphics just look a little bit more uglier. sorry for my bad english.
How does the fat have better graphics? They both use the identical hardware.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you dump that idea of buying a R4 and buy a SCDS1/CycloDS along with a Class 6 microSDHC card (4GB is pretty affordable, in my opinion). It'll probably hold all the games you want.

Do that, and if you want, buy a slot-2 cart too, to play GBA games, and you're pretty much set. EZF IV Dx or EZF 3-in-1 work pretty well.

If, for some strange reason you have enough money left, buy a CFW'd PSP and you'll be set with that too. It's worth it.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
MagNetCZ said:
hankchill said:
I suggest you buy a CycloDS and an 8GB MicroSd card... In fact, I've got one for sale
tongue.gif
Fast one? How much? I'd sometimes really do with some extra space.

It's a class 4 card, so it's still really fast. I don't think they make any faster 8GB cards as of yet. I have a thread on the trading forum, $60 for the 8GB card, $45 for the CycloDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme