RAD047

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My PS4 stopped pairing with the controller a while ago. It's definitely the PS4 with the issue, as I borrowed other controllers and they don't work with my PS4 and my own controller pairs fine with anyone else's PS4 just not my own.

A local repair shop quoted me £90 to fix the receiver inside which I wont pay cos I could just buy a second hand PS4 for that price off eBay or wherever. Also, don't want to do the repair myself cos I'm not really a hands on techy person and would probably break it even more.

So basically, my question is: can I get a USB dongle/adapter that plugs into the PS4 and then allows me to pair the PS4 controller in Bluetooth mode (or any Bluetooth controller really) and then play like that? Would this idea even work?

And if yes, what model of adapter would you guys recommend?

Thanks everyone

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a 8bitdo bluetooth receiver works..but u need to do the handshake always when u turn it on..(if i remember)
OR
just connect a wired controller?
put a usb wired to your ps4 and ps4 controller..(no more wilreless thought)
but save you a ton of money

Reactions: RAD047

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a 8bitdo bluetooth receiver works..but u need to do the handshake always when u turn it on..(if i remember)
OR
If it was a different era, I'd agree with you, but now wireless controllers are a lot more convenient to have than wired. That is, unless you're very near to the TV/Monitor.

Now, I just looked up and there's the Mayflash, if interested. It's $30 (not counting tax) @ https://www.amazon.com/MAYFLASH-Bluetooth-Controller-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B079B5KHWQ/

It has over 7k reviews averaging 4.5/5 and the USB dongle is compatible with multiple devices.

Edit: I see you're using the U.K. flag so I'd suggest this website @ https://8bitmods.com/

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was a different era, I'd agree with you, but now wireless controllers are a lot more convenient to have than wired. That is, unless you're very near to the TV/Monitor.

Now, I just looked up and there's the Mayflash, if interested. It's $30 (not counting tax) @ https://www.amazon.com/MAYFLASH-Bluetooth-Controller-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B079B5KHWQ/

It has over 7k reviews averaging 4.5/5 and the USB dongle is compatible with multiple devices.

Edit: I see you're using the U.K. flag so I'd suggest this website @ https://8bitmods.com/

Wrong console though that Magic NS for the switch not PS4.

Reactions: RAD047 and Marc_LFD

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

My PS4 stopped pairing with the controller a while ago. It's definitely the PS4 with the issue, as I borrowed other controllers and they don't work with my PS4 and my own controller pairs fine with anyone else's PS4 just not my own.

A local repair shop quoted me £90 to fix the receiver inside which I wont pay cos I could just buy a second hand PS4 for that price off eBay or wherever. Also, don't want to do the repair myself cos I'm not really a hands on techy person and would probably break it even more.

So basically, my question is: can I get a USB dongle/adapter that plugs into the PS4 and then allows me to pair the PS4 controller in Bluetooth mode (or any Bluetooth controller really) and then play like that? Would this idea even work?

And if yes, what model of adapter would you guys recommend?

Thanks everyone

The better solution for you would be to open it up and replace the bluetooth antenna and see if it is the motherboard or the antenna issue, if it bad antenna then you can just change out the antenna, you can find the antenna on ebay.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The better solution for you would be to open it up and replace the bluetooth antenna and see if it is the motherboard or the antenna issue, if it bad antenna then you can just change out the antenna, you can find the antenna on ebay.
Opening up a console can be very complicated for a newbie although I agree it's worth it (even if he pays an expert to do it instead) so it functions normally.

DualShock 4 are the best controllers for the console (sometimes the bundled controller with a console isn't ideal - e.g. Switch with Joy-Cons than the Pro Controller and yeah, it's a hybrid console but still).

RAD047

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OR

Is it a specific 8bitDO model? I emailed them about this one: https://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

They said it doesn't work in a PS4 just allows PS4 controllers to work with other stuff...

Really don't want wired as someone else said its a different age now. Also my TV is about 5 metres from the sofa (its a large living room) and its not convenient having such a long wire with young kids running around.

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really...weird,..on 8bitdo.
i heard 8bitdo wireless receiver are the best handshake you can get.
currenly i have a Brook Converter (5years ago)
ill try first on my Brook Converter and let you know..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you