Hacking I NEED A GBA FLASH CART!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Shadow's information is outdated, the last of the EZ-Flash IV basically sold out from the last of the reliable vendors. The only ones selling them now are price gougers and scammers.

If you find 50 bucks in your range, I suggest you buy a used DSL from amazon and get a 3in1 for less than 25 bucks shipped to do either a shell mod or the GBA shell mod.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he meant the fact that you can't find it anywhere :P
anyway, I only have $50 saved up for this, so is there an alternative? I've never tried to buy an item that doesn't have the "Buy Now" option on it so I don't know how the bidding system works on ebay. I saw a lot of cheap DS lites on there but I don't know if I should get them or not :P

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in case there isn't any other alternatives, I did some research on the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 and it looks like it needs a slot one passcard. What is a passcard? and where can I get one? and can I put more than one GBA game on the EZ-Flahs 3 in 1?

sorry for the too many questions :P

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
A passcard is used to run DS games from slot2, the 3in1 doesn't support this.

already answered the number of roms you can run at any given time already in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-need-a-gba-flash-cart.352604/#post-4735240

Everybody sells a 3in1, there is no shortage atm on finding a vendor to buy from. It is the GBA sized version nobody sells anymore.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so from my understanding, I need to buy a DS/DSL, a passcard, and an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 to get only one game on the cartridge that I will have to hack to fit the GBA SP. OR I could just carry that one game cartridge that I could buy from anywhere for mostly $10 with me. Tough choice.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still, I have to buy all of that for one game?!
I found the supercard dstwo an hour or so ago, and it looks like it runs GBA roms, so here is what I'm gonna do; I will wait for a while and save up for a Nintendo 3DS (or XL if I can) and get that card. also, I will get the Supercard MiniSD because it looks like it runs GB/GBC/NES games fine.
Is this a good plan or is there a cheaper alternative in your opinion?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
still, I have to buy all of that for one game?!
I found the supercard dstwo an hour or so ago, and it looks like it runs GBA roms, so here is what I'm gonna do; I will wait for a while and save up for a Nintendo 3DS (or XL if I can) and get that card. also, I will get the Supercard MiniSD because it looks like it runs GB/GBC/NES games fine.
Is this a good plan or is there a cheaper alternative in your opinion?

If emulation is OK with you for GBA (as well as GB/GBC/NES/SNES etc), IMO you're better off picking up a cheap used PSP and install a CFW. Better GBA and SNES emulation, pretty much perfect emulation of genesis and below consoles, bigger higher res screen, play PSP games from memory card etc.
I bought a PSP Go for $50 about 6 months ago, comes with 16GB internal storage.

The DSTwo can play GBA games, but its an emulator running in DS mode, where as a GBA flash cart is running the games in GBA mode so they run perfectly.

If you want to play DS games though then a DStwo and a 3DS is a decent option, as long as you're OK with imperfect emulation for GBA. I guess the 3DS has the firmware update issues also, but DSTwo has been pretty damn quick with getting updates out after Nintendo blocks the cart.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the 3 in 1 you need
The 3 in 1.
A DS slot flash card with DLDI (basically all of them).
A DS or DS lite (the 3ds and DSi do not have a GBA slot) to manage it.
That is all- wood and AKAIO are loaders for various flash carts and GBA exploader is a program for those without a cart that supports it or that want such a program.

You can run the 3 in 1 on a GBA but as it needs a DS slot device to manage it you will find it somewhat annoying to use on a GBA so most just use them for the DS and say not to bother with the GBA. That said if you flash a single game to the 3 in 1 NOR section it will run that quite happily without intervention on the part of the DS slot device. With a DS/DS lite you could switch up as much as you like without hassle but if all you want is that single game then have at it.

If you have a DS slot device then the emulators for it are usually* superior to the GBA ones, though the GBA ones work well. The GBA emulation of the DStwo leaves a bit to be desired compared to the likes of a proper GBA flash cart but it can do serious damage to the GBA library and is not something I will pass up lightly. The GBA capabilities of the GBA slot supercards on the other hand I will happily pass up.

*if you just want games to run then sure and the increased resolution of the DS often benefits this (especially with the NES), sometimes the GBA ones have the edge in some extra functionality somewhere though.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3DS XL top screen is bigger than the PSP's, and it's in GLORIOUS 3D! and it has another (touch) screen. You can also play older games on it (DS/DSi) other than emulation. Besides, I'm a "big" Nintendo fan :P
in my opinion, even though the 3DS XL is a more expensive route, it is more.. organized. I was planning on getting a 3DS anyways so why would I get a DS lite, right?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS/3DS XL: Display Upper: 3.5" Glasses-Free 3D LCD @ 800 × 240 px (400 × 240 WQVGA per eye)
Lower: 3.0" resistive touchscreen LCD @ 320 × 240 QVGA[10]

PSP: Display 480 × 272 pixels with 16,777,216 colors, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD, 3.8 in (97 mm) (PSP GO), 4.3 in (110 mm) (All other models)

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd say the supercard is your best bet to find something, i have two and they do slow down but with very specific games like mario kart (it's the only one that has slowed for me during game play)... it works fine for most http://www.eachmall.me/goods-7999.html

don't buy supercard for gba. u will have a problem with certain great games like advance war which run slow or even unplayable.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.r4seller.com/Wholesale-ez_c785 shows some available.

fyi: I dug up my m3 perfect movie player (SD card), placed one of the biggest roms I could find on it (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy) and it played perfect...

m3 perfect pro run fine. i have m3 perfect which is in smaller cart that fit nds, however i use it in gb micro by removing the front casing.

Ehab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.r4seller.com/Wholesale-ez_c785 shows some available.

fyi: I dug up my m3 perfect movie player (SD card), placed one of the biggest roms I could find on it (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy) and it played perfect...

I tried to buy from that website once but it kept saying that the PayPal API thing is not working. It's still saying that :P

also, someone said here that the SD card affects the speed of the gameplay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow