Hacking I need someone bored to help me out real quick.

Xta Large

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in November I kinda stopped updating things on my Wii like cIOS's, the backup loaders, etc. because I got myself a PS3. Well, I want to make sure my Wii is up-to-date as far as hacking goes, but I wasn't here for the advancements made that I've heard about (like the Gamecube backup loader, overcoming Error 002, etc.).

So, here's where I'm at now. I've got a Wii, Starfall, 3.2U custom firmware (cIOS 249 I think, I'm going off of memory here), with some Gamma loader that doesn't stop Error 002.

Can someone lemme know what I should look at to bring myself up to date? I'm looking for up-to-date Wii firmwares/loaders/GC loaders. I know what many of you'll think - 'look it up your own damn self' - but after sitting here for months without having done anything Wii-related, that's kind of difficult. If anyone'd be cool enough to help a brother out, that'd just be nifty.

EDIT: I'm thinking of starting over, you know, formatting my Wii and rehacking it completely. Would you suggest that simply so that things'll go easier and I don't have to uninstall shit (in case I do)?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unistall any Starfall hack and install the cIOS36_r10, cMIOS and Preloaderv0.29, then just get the Xi GC Loader, the SD/USB Loader and read read read a lot about:

GC Backup launching
WBFS partition
and their respective compatibilitys

Xta Large

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Unistall any Starfall hack and install the cIOS36_r10, cMIOS and Preloaderv0.29, then just get the Xi GC Loader, the SD/USB Loader and read read read a lot about:

GC Backup launching
WBFS partition
and their respective compatibilitys

Could you explain to me why I should uninstall Starfall? I was under the impression that it helps me in case I brick my Wii.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Stay at 3.2 and uninstall starfall cause it is shitty and it wont work for all the brick, preloader is kind of the new starfall and has much more functions and options, and simply cause it gets update (starfall has never been updated), 4.0 is just for loosers that like to play their VC/WW games from the SD card without knowing that still need the space in the NAND to be able to run those...!!!
biggrin.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Stay at 3.2 and uninstall starfall cause it is shitty and it wont work for all the brick, preloader is kind of the new starfall and has much more functions and options, and simply cause it gets update (starfall has never been updated), 4.0 is just for loosers that like to play their VC/WW games from the SD card without knowing that still need the space in the NAND to be able to run those...!!!
biggrin.gif

lol, I knew that, but its easier for my wife to run them that way as opposed to installing wads since she can see all the games simply by browsing the sd card (The homebrew stuff makes her nervous). Plus you never have to worry about installing too many and going over the wii's amount of memory (512MB is so pitiful...hell, a few wiiware games take up the whole memory)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty