OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
Exit b9sTool, then power off your device

Section V - Configuring Luma3DS
Boot your device while holding (Select) to launch the Luma configuration menu

My 3ds will not boot after this step (only blinking blue light for 2 seconds), my heart sinked..

Turns out that 64gb card will not work when installing CFW, it works fine with vanilla console before that (have formatted to fat32)

Using my spare 4gb card (sorry New Bittboy XD) it can boot again and continue with the flashingof CFW, for safety I formatted that 64gb card again with another tool and it works like a charm!

writing this just in case someone needs it.

Reactions: NinHao

Rickboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just had this happen to me, I didn't realize I couldn't use a 64 gb card with the CFW installation. I attempted to place the original 4gb vanilla sd card in and it still will not boot. I was wondering if you had any suggestions. When i hit the power button it just goes on for about a second and then fizzles.

Rickboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have Luma3DS installed on your SD card properly. Go back through the guide and go to the point it walks you through installing Luma3DS.

I used this video and followed it to the letter. At 17:24 when I had to do a hard restart is where I am now.
Could it be because I tried to install the CFW on a 64gb SD card (formatted to Fat 32)? I read somewhere that you can't install the CFW on anything but the 4gb card that comes with the system.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I used this video and followed it to the letter. At 17:24 when I had to do a hard restart is where I am now.
Could it be because I tried to install the CFW on a 64gb SD card (formatted to Fat 32)? I read somewhere that you can't install the CFW on anything but the 4gb card that comes with the system.

Never use video tutorials! Instead, use 3ds.guide.

Reactions: Deleted User

Rickboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well lesson learned I guess. So are you aware of any possible way to recover this system or should I just consider it bricked. (Since I have no way of actually turning it on at this point.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well lesson learned I guess. So are you aware of any possible way to recover this system or should I just consider it bricked. (Since I have no way of actually turning it on at this point.)
Most likely reason your n2DSXL doesn't boot is because the SD card isn't formatted in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. After the reformat, try adding the Luma3DS v9.1 boot.firm on the card root and try again.

Edit - Also, try not to follow video tutorials. They're often outdated, missing crucial details, or can be wrong on certain hacking aspects.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Rickboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to place the starter package onto the original 4gb card which included the boot.firm and it did boot. It seems it was because I was using the 64 gb card to try and attempt the CFW installation. Thank you both for your help!!!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to place the starter package onto the original 4gb card which included the boot.firm and it did boot. It seems it was because I was using the 64 gb card to try and attempt the CFW installation. Thank you both for your help!!!
To use cards bigger than 32 GB, you'll need guiformat. Follow through the finalizing setup in that guide.

Reactions: Rickboss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?