Hacking if i partition an HDD, does it matter which partition is WBFS?

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am just wondering if WBFS format should be the first or second partition? are there advantages to having it one way or the other?

will the USB Loader let me choose which partition to format to WBFS?

telekenetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just format the drive to FAT32, then you can use the wbfs utility on your computer. For example if you empty partition (that is formatted to FAT32) is drive letter G, you would do "wbfs G init" and then be done.

Personally I think it is more convenient on the computer since you are formatting it there anyways. And in my experience it does not matter which partition you choose.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i used western digital usb format tool and partitioned 200 gigs of a 350 gig drive i used partition magic to create the partition... both were fat32 but i then used usb loader to format the E drives 200 gigs in WBFS

I now use the 200 for my WBFS ( E drive)

( partition 2 i decided to call drive letter Z using partition magics drive label feature ect) i use the 150 gigs for roms with usb based emulators, mp3s and avis,mp4s, even MKVS using the dol forwarder and my modified USB based version of Geexbox (yes i use mplayer cd for data dvds ect but trust me when i say usb support SUCKS on the mplayerCE with large drives having partitions) well thats how i get on with my brew all on one drive

wink.gif

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks everyone. you have all been super helpful.

vettacossx, that sucks to hear about mplayerCE and USB support. i was planning on using that. should i even try it or should i definitely just go with GeekBox?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night