Hacking If your trying to run AKAIO on and Acekard2i, read this to save us all

wii_go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx 4 this thread, i've just bought an AK2 (DSi compatible, i suppose it's an ak2i ???) yesterday, so don't need to ask if i've got the official or the akaio soft, and how it works. Usefull thread.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU UBER MUCH!

Just got my AK2i in the mail today, wasn't happy with the official, threw on AKAIO, wouldn't load any games, was about to post a question, found this, day is saved.

This site is chalked full of usefull info, started here with the Wii, and highly doubt I will ever find a site any better than this one. This site rocks.

magmau250

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my Acekard 2i to work. The problem I am having is that no folders are displayed. It boots up on my DSi, but I can't do anything. I have installed the latest firmware in the root of the folder, 1.4.1. I have installed the latest boot loader in the loaders folder. My Micro SD card is secured in the system. The readme text file displays, but not the __aio folder. What can I do?

D

Deleted User

magmau250 said:
I can't get my Acekard 2i to work. The problem I am having is that no folders are displayed. It boots up on my DSi, but I can't do anything. I have installed the latest firmware in the root of the folder, 1.4.1. I have installed the latest boot loader in the loaders folder. My Micro SD card is secured in the system. The readme text file displays, but not the __aio folder. What can I do?
The '__aio' folder is not meant to be displayed. Just put your ROMs in the root of your micro sd card or place them in any other folder you created there (NOT inside the '__aio' folder).

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yuyuyup said:
that's dumb, why would "spoonfeeding" be used to describe someone LOOKING for the info, not feeding

Because the person is expecting to be SPOONFED info and not actually doing anything for themselves.

1. To feed (another) with a spoon.
2. To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
3. To provide (another) with knowledge or information in an oversimplified way.
4. To provide (knowledge or information) in an oversimplified way.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, just ban those people. People should read the stickies first, then look(try to search, don't really like current engine though) for answers.

Anyone that managed to find out what a flashcart is and how it works, should have the brainpower to figure out one should read the topics that were placed "above all else" should be read first.

N/o, just annoyed by so many people asking before thinking.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^ I agree. Mentioning no names, especially a gamer of Nintendo.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Cough.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi there,
can you help please?

my moms acekard2i keeps freezing. Gets to the game menu, select game and then it just hangs at a blank white screen.

she has the latest akaio on there and also the latest loader from the link on here. What i wasnt sure about was that the loader that is linked on here is from june 2009 (or is it jan 2009?) but the loader in her folder on the acekard2i is from jan 2010. i replaced it anyway .. and it still does the same.

can anyone please help or advise?

thanks in advance

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all you should go to the wiki (it is stickied on the top) and download the new akaio 1.5.1 with the new loaders from 01-01-10. Then update your acekard.

You might have a contact issue. Try to clean the contacts with a cuetip or something. Otherwise use the papertrick (put a piece of paper on the back on the acekard to make it press harder against the contacts in the ds).

If you have bought your acekard recently and it is an acekard 2.1 and not an 2i then you might have a bad batch. If that is the case you have to use akaio 1.2 I think until there is an better solution :/

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need download any loaders or put them on the card because the latest loader is already included in the AKAIO 1.5.1 archive. That's why overwriting that already existing loader with an older version has caused you problems.

Just format the SD card with the Panasonic SDformatter, extract AKAIO archive to the root directory and put your games on it. You don't need to update it or or do anything else. If you still get a white screen check the CRC's of your roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)