Hacking IMET header info?

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently writing a new u8 tool, but I've ran into a roadblock with IMET headers used on 00000000.app and dvd archives.

I've got all of the IMET header figured out except for the md5 hash at the end. What is this a hash of?

Thanks and if anyone has any info please respond asap as I can't release my app until I figure this out!

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but it's gonna take me a day or so to figure it out. I found a toolset called BFGR tools that was used before all these new fancy ones came out. It contains a command-line imet signer. Unlike all the new tools out, the source is included so i'll be able to get the hash info I need from there! It's in C though, so I'll have to translate to vb, fortuantely I can program in both languages.
wink.gif

Unfortunately my next obstacle is rom injection. I was under the assumption that the currect command-line rom injectors worked pretty well (I've never used them) but from what I tested today they are real buggy. The whole rom-injection processs doesn't look too complicated fortuantely, so I shouldn't have any trouble building an injector from scratch, it's just gonna take time to collect data.

*UPDATE*

Scratch that "it's gonna take me a day or so crap" ...... Looked at the source code and it was extremely easy to follow, did a test run and got it working immediately! I haven't tested the outputted files on my wii yet though, I'll probably do that tomorrow.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Awesome news, HowardC! I still can't wait
smile.gif

How to you mean that the current injectors are buggy? I've never had any problems with AutoInjectuWAD. Though, it doesn't support Neogeo injections, unfortunately. Oh, speaking of the injector, could you take a look at sr_corsario's injector and try to add support for injecting ROMs bigger than the original is? That'd certainly be useful.

EDIT: Make that DevilKen's injector.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Awesome news, HowardC! I still can't wait
smile.gif

How to you mean that the current injectors are buggy? I've never had any problems with AutoInjectuWAD. Though, it doesn't support Neogeo injections, unfortunately. Oh, speaking of the injector, could you take a look at sr_corsario's injector and try to add support for injecting ROMs bigger than the original is? That'd certainly be useful.

EDIT: Make that DevilKen's injector.

Well, afaik, auto-injectuwad doesn't support command-line options. I need an injector that does so I can properly integrate it into the toolset. Afaik, there's only one and the frikkin thing crashes on every use! I'm not familiar with any of the authors, so you'll have to point me to a link if you want me to check something out.
smile.gif

*EDIT* Well I guess injectuwad DOES support command line options... sorry. the fact remains though that we need one that'll also do neogeo games (my personal favorites) and it doesn't do them.

From what I've noticed at first glance, the process is fairly simple.... you merge all the mame roms into a single file, save it, do something fancy with the ticket and change the region codes, which are obviously found in those files. Probably some sort of sha signature is in there as well considering the sha1.exe included with most of these apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay