Android Improve your Android's battery life.

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just wanted to share something I found thats amazing, and the app is called juiceDefender. Free app in the Droid Marketz (unless you get the paid version, way more better than free version.) I tell you, the thing WORKS.

Heres my test. My Droid has a 1350mAh battery by the way, so your results might vary. And this is a NEW BATTERY guys.
I did NOT have Wi-Fi, Sync, or GPS on, and my brightness setting is on at about 35%.

Yesterday, I unplugged my Droid at 7:15 on my preperations to school.
I played a bit of Angry Birds when I was waiting at the stop at 9:05.
By the time I was on the bus at 9:15, my battery was at 80% with constant use.
By the time I was on campus at 9:20, battery was at 60% while it was running over 1X because when I'm at school, I lose my 3G connection.
While I was in class, didn't use it at all, phone gave me the 15% battery warning at 5th hour which was at about 2:00.
Died, at 2:20. Still not being used.

Droid didnt last the full day at school.

Now TODAY, after I configured juiceDefender, I plugged my phone out at 7:15, same time I wake up.
Left the house, and went to the bus stop, playing Angry Birds again (addicting game.) until the bus came at 9:05 again.
When I was on the bus, I was at 100% STILL!
On campus at about 9:20, battery was still 100%.
In class at 3rd hour, my battery was at 90%.
5th hour, battery still at 90%
6th hour, battery at 80%
7th hour, battery at 80%.
On the bus home at 4:10, took a couple of pictures with friends, derp, and played some Doodle Jump, Skyped, and maked some phone calls. Battery was at 70% from there. (4:20pm)
Came home at 4:40. Battery is still at 70%
Texting and sending picture messages at like 5:50.
Playing more games on my Droid at about 6:00.
Gameboid'ed emulator until 6:30. Battery now at 60%

And right NOW, Listening to music since 6:30. Battery at 50% right here, right now, at 7:22.

I'm serious. I don't know HOW they pulled it off, but the thing WORKS. Try it out for yourselfs if your battery sucks.

EDIT: I provided the Android Market link to remotely download this to your Android device. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.l...e=search_result

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds great! My friend happens to be complaining about how his android's battery life sucks, I'll have him check it out. I think ill go look for something like this for my iPhone....
ninja.gif

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What phone and version of android are you using? The reason I'm asking is because on most newer versions of Android 2.2 and higher already have task killer type functions built in and you might be doing more harm than good if you configure juicedefender wrong. That said, you can still use the other features of juice defender to help save battery life!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it prevents connection with your cellphone network when you lock the device (although i think it lets it connect every 15 mins or so), and it also does some other stuff if you set it up to

@OP is your droid an OG droid or a droid 2 or a droid X or a droid incredible? and is it stock?

you probably still have all of verizon's bloatware on there sucking down data constantly and killing your battery

Edit: also, if you stay in a place with really weak 3g connection the phone will keep switching between 3g and 1x, and that sucks up a lot of battery too

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
for you it's probably weak the 3g signal, which is why JD is giving you such a drastic increase in battery

btw, have you considered rooting your phone and putting CM on it?

it won't have the same impact on battery but it should seriously pimp out the user experience for you

I am rooted and are using CM. I noticed I got a bit more battery life with CM7 (RC4) rather than Froyo.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Knowing life it just works on the simple principle of changing processor stepping and sending HALT instructions when the processor is not being used.

Nothing really new or anything - I'd recommend you to change the stepping manually. Automatic apps tend to go Full Power on you sometimes when you don't need it.

When you do the same thing manually, the risk of that happening is minimal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The...