Hacking Install IOS60 after Preloader?

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I think I did something wrong. I was using a guide from Wiihacks I got up to this step

QUOTE said:
5. THE FINAL STEP

Preloader is also an optional install, if you don't want it just skip b & c, system menu hacks can be taken care of by Starfall (3.2) or startpatch (4/4.1), if you want them click my sig and have a look through my mediafire. There are no system hacks for 3.3/3.4. There are now Preloader hacks for 4.1J Wiis.

a) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - make sure you do this before you install Preloader. If you installed it in step 4 then skip this part. Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

b). Open the Homebrew Channel and load Preloader, press 1 to install. After install, your Wii should reboot and load the Preloader menu. If it doesn't, turn your wii off and on again whilst holding down reset and it will load the Preloader menu....

I got confused on step 5 (a, and for some reason, I wasnt thinking, and I never installed IOS60-patched.wad, and I already installed Preloader. What should I do? My Wii still goes to the system menu and everything though.

I was told to just go to the HBC, go into the WAD manager, and install the IOS60-patched.wad (this would cause a semi-brick?), then restart my Wii, while holding the Reset switch and boot into Preloader, and just reinstall, and all will work like this never happened. Should I do that?

Thank You.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you install preloader BEFORE the ios 60, then you will get a semi brick when you reboot after installing a different (unpatched) IOS60. This is nothing to worry about because all you have to do is launch HBC from the preloader menu and reinstall preloader.

if you don't have preloader installed yet, just install the IOS60, then preloader last

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I already installed Preloader, and I haven't installed IOS60-patched.wad yet.
Since I should have nothing to worry about, then I am going to install the IOS60-patched.wad with the wad manager, then reboot my wii (should be semi-bricked) which is why I hold the reset button to boot into the Preloader, load HBC, and reinstall Preloader.
Just double checking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right...