Hacking Installing Darkwii Extended

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running NTSC 4.0U system menu. I downloaded a theme I'd like to install called DarkWii Extended. It's an .app file. I've searched around for guides on how to install themes but most of them are old, or at least don't apply to this case since I don't have a .mym file. I have preloader installed on my Wii and MyMenu installed on my PC, where do I go from here?

Do I still need to combine the .app file with the original system menu files, and if so, how do I go about doing that? The guides refer to Softmii NAND Dumper/Browser, but Google turns up nothing and it's not included in the original SoftMii package I downloaded.

And lastly, how can I set this up so that if I get tired of the theme, I can go back to the original system menu without bricking myself?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that. Whenever I load up Softmii Tweak Tool, I get:

Initializing Drivers...
File List Error (ret = -1)
Press Any Button to Restart...

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I was in the same situation (same theme too). Make sure you have BootMii installed before messing with any themes!

I used FSToolbox to extract my SysMenu theme app, and then replaced it with the theme one, and used the application again to restore the theme to NAND. I'm curious as to how it actually worked, there must have been some fake signing, etc, or else the hashes wouldn't match. But I have the DarkWii theme installed and working right now.
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just use FS Toolbox to extract first your ORIGINAL theme, and then back it up on your PC, then install this one with FS Toolbox too...!!
smile.gif

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does the Darkwii .app go on the SD card when dumping it to the NAND with FS Toolbox? I navigated to the correct directory where it goes, but when I press + it says "fopen error" and boots me back to the Homebrew Channel.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed it had to be in SD:/FSTOOLBOX/title/00000001/00000002/content/

Works like a charm. Nice theme.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats the difference between DarkWii Extended, and DarkWii?

I just installed DarkWii. Really simple to do with mymenufy

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those that dont know the difference with darkwii extended and the initial theme. I have 'extended' it to include practically all wii menu, including all settings screens, SD card and all message board stuff and it is also for 4.0 FW. also if you consider trying to convert the theme to 3.2 FW just note that i have totally redone the iplsettings.ash (although it is a .arc not an .ash
tongue.gif
lol ) so i think most convert tools dont take this file into account.

NOTE: one thing that i tried and tried to fix is that if you have no game in wii, and open disc channel, then insert disc the 'start' button does not go black, it keeps its original colors. Now since these buttons are brlyt color controllered ive searched near even brlyt with benzin but still couldnt find the issue. If you close game channel and go back in the button is fine. Anyhow if someone works this out plese let me know, its a very small thing but would love to work out why it happens
wink.gif

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stev418 said:
For those that dont know the difference with darkwii extended and the initial theme. I have 'extended' it to include practically all wii menu, including all settings screens, SD card and all message board stuff and it is also for 4.0 FW. also if you consider trying to convert the theme to 3.2 FW just note that i have totally redone the iplsettings.ash (although it is a .arc not an .ash
tongue.gif

NOTE: one thing that i tried and tried to fix is that if you have no game in wii, and open disc channel, then insert disc the 'start' button does not go black, it keeps its original colors. Now since these buttons are brlyt color controllered ive searched near even brlyt with benzin but still couldnt find the issue. If you close game channel and go back in the button is fine. Anyhow if someone works this out plese let me know, its a very small thing but would love to work out why it happens
wink.gif

are you planning to release a 4.1 version of the blackwii extented csm? or do you have a mym file that we can use?

when i use the 4.0 version on 4.1 i get a semi-brick...

(200th post yay
biggrin.gif
)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luriden, your initial problem was cause by the fact that one version of softmii tweak tool that slipped out simply didnt work, period. i had the same problem, reverted to an older version and bam worked fine.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loopguy said:
stev418 said:
tongue.gif

wink.gif

are you planning to release a 4.1 version of the blackwii extented csm? or do you have a mym file that we can use?

when i use the 4.0 version on 4.1 i get a semi-brick...

(200th post yay
biggrin.gif
)

PM me, its already done and im on 4.1 now
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y?si=MZw4KpDtlawLZNEF