linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
a DB list for all games?

EDIT: Seriously, Nintendo have really weak security on that front.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A legal way to redistribute illegal content...this could be interesting.

If this ever becomes a full fledged app, it might just be the next generation of piracy. Instead of downloading illegal code (read: WADs), we'll download a more-legal app that then performs the piracy by downloading the title from a public server run by Nintendo. I like it.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and then N learns about this, and if they give a rats a**, they would just post to all the virgin Wiis, saying they are experiencing tech difficulties on their servers, shut them down, move them, push a new update. At this point, this app will become useless, and there will be new firmware...not that the firmware matters all that much to us, or me atleast.

[Edit:] I would still love to see this app come out though, even if it could be short lived, so keep working hard at it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caster62003 said:
this app will become useless, and there will be new firmware...not that the firmware matters all that much to us, or me atleast.

No, this app will not become useless if you didnt update the new firmware.
tongue.gif

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
caster62003 said:
this app will become useless, and there will be new firmware...not that the firmware matters all that much to us, or me atleast.

No, this app will not become useless if you didnt update the new firmware.
tongue.gif

But if they move the server, then it will become useless.

Also if N gives another rats a**, they will make sure to make finding the path to the server a lot more of a pain in the a**. So in order to make this app work again, it would not just be as simple as changing the source location, N could make some sort of security thing.

Note: I am just playing doubles advocate, so no flaming, just giving N view on this subject.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They don't need to move the server, just stop uploading the VC/WW to NUS (these don't belong there anyway).

Of course, there's a reason I stocked up on IOSes/menus/system titles, just in case they decide to lock down NUS.

Worst comes to worst, there's always wads

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
cwstjdenobs said:
P.S. Even though I have obviously stood on the shoulders of giants to achieve this, I'd like to thank xflak40 who without his encouragement I wouldn't have even finished my last project, let alone tried to do this.

thanks for the recognition buddy, I appreciate it!

QUOTEYou still need a small file per title.

is this file created on the fly? Or do u still need a legit ticket to make it work on other wii's?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
A legal way to redistribute illegal content...this could be interesting.

If this ever becomes a full fledged app, it might just be the next generation of piracy. Instead of downloading illegal code (read: WADs), we'll download a more-legal app that then performs the piracy by downloading the title from a public server run by Nintendo. I like it.
Uh, it's not legal at all. It uses stolen ticket files, which are meant to be sent to your wii when you actually purchase a title. The data for the title is downloaded from "NUS" (hosted on akamai) and decrypted using that ticket. It's no more legal than WAD files, and has the disadvantage that your IP will be logged when you download the files.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Downloading of copyrighted stuff isnt legal anyway..
If it became possible to download and install VC Wads via the NUS Downloader, I guess WB3000 will remove all VC and WiiWare from the Database of his NUSD since he is against piracy.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So does this mean you've figured out what title key ninty uses for all their NUS content?
Is it the same for all the content, meaning there's just one generic fake ticket, or different for every title, meaning a different fake ticket is needed for every game?

I am so going to try this when it's released!
No need to purchase and dump games for the scene, just rip the game of ninty's own servers when a new game comes out!

I would so love to test, despite my Wii having no internet! I'll test it on a friend's wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==