WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've taken the IOS51 and Shop Channel installer by tona, and changed the source to download the latest IOS38. This IOS is being distributed with Animal Crossing, and possibly is needed for Wii Speak features to function properly.

I am almost positive that this will work, and have uploaded the source code here. The only thing I can think of, is that Nintendo might not have IOS38 on their servers yet (unlikely).

I have left the patching option included, so it will prompt whether to include the signing patch or not. I am assuming that PatchMii covers the whole patching process, as there is only a boolean to specify patch or not. This is the main reason I created this, as I want a safer IOS38 installed.

If anyone could compile this, and possibly test, it would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
idunnoilikends said:
doesnt ios38 block homebrew?

Well, perhaps if you ran the System Menu through an unpatched version. IOS38 is included with Animal Crossing, and this will provide a safe way to install it, once someone can compile it. I don't have the devKitPro installed currently.
frown.gif

QUOTEYa does it or does it just enable wii speak use?

Most likely it is for Wii Speak, just being in the background won't harm homebrew.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
I've taken the IOS51 and Shop Channel installer by tona, and changed the source to download the latest IOS38. This IOS is being distributed with Animal Crossing, and possibly is needed for Wii Speak features to function properly.

I am almost positive that this will work, and have uploaded the source code here. The only thing I can think of, is that Nintendo might not have IOS38 on their servers yet (unlikely).

I have left the patching option included, so it will prompt whether to include the signing patch or not. I am assuming that PatchMii covers the whole patching process, as there is only a boolean to specify patch or not. This is the main reason I created this, as I want a safer IOS38 installed.

If anyone could compile this, and possibly test, it would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

QUOTE(DarkLG @ Nov 17 2008, 08:46 PM) Ya does it or does it just enable wii speak use?

umm....well it doesn't block anything, but it doesn't have the signing bug in itself.

all we know for sure is it's what animal crossing runs off of.

its harmless.

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone is saying it enables Wii speak, however I do not have IOS38 and I have had someone talk to me with a MIC in my game, so if it does indeed enable wii speak then it is only the 'talking' side and drivers or whatecer to enable the mic it and not the reciving side.

So you do not need it if you just want to hear other people.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaoshawk said:
So being harmless, we could just update it through the game no?

well no, cause there are other IOS on the disc, 3.3 IOS (not the newest 3.3, but still...any 3.3 sucks)

this is the only one it needs for standard boot.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reser said:
Everyone is saying it enables Wii speak, however I do not have IOS38 and I have had someone talk to me with a MIC in my game, so if it does indeed enable wii speak then it is only the 'talking' side and drivers or whatecer to enable the mic it and not the reciving side.

So you do not need it if you just want to hear other people.

With what game?

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
Animal Crossing: City Folk has the June 16th version of 3.3...

So you're fine with updating from the disc on 3.3U.

NOBODY ELSE ASK IF IT IS SAFE TO UPDATE FROM THE DISC.

*points an arrow at noobs getting ready to type out the question*

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I want to keep my system at 3.2, as it's the best System Menu for homebrew compatibility, trucha, etc. Sure 3.3 is "safe", but it's not that great either.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You can maybe extract IOS38 from the AC CF disk with Trucha and then install it with WADManager.
You can try Waninkoko' IOS Downgrader to patch it.

Don't know if it work...

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i was going to try re-dumping my animal crossing game to my PC via wiihttp dumper as i have already patched and deleted the ISO from my PC. so, if i re-dump the game, i will try and check what you need from it.... problem is i've never done this before.

i learn fast, but im still a noob to all of this. i just got into following the homebrew scene like 3 weeks ago and i feel like im trying to play catch up.

i'll re-dump the ISO and check it over with wiiscrubber, but after that i'll probably be lost. i think i can use wii scrubber to extract the IOS 38 from the disc, correct?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
whitegoose said:
i was going to try re-dumping my animal crossing game to my PC via wiihttp dumper as i have already patched and deleted the ISO from my PC. so, if i re-dump the game, i will try and check what you need from it.... problem is i've never done this before.

i learn fast, but im still a noob to all of this. i just got into following the homebrew scene like 3 weeks ago and i feel like im trying to play catch up.

i'll re-dump the ISO and check it over with wiiscrubber, but after that i'll probably be lost. i think i can use wii scrubber to extract the IOS 38 from the disc, correct?
Yeah, that works with Wiiscrubber too.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
alright, i'll get working on that later today then. maybe i can try and talk my girlfriend through how to use wiihttp dumper over the phone so its ready for me when i get home
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Might've snorted crack on Bezos' yacht talking about how to move the company forward.