Hacking Iomega Prestige 1TB issue

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought one of those today, and no matter what I do, it would freeze after around 5 minutes of gaming. Friend of mine has one too and have no issues though.

My Seagate FreeAgent seems to be working relatively well, except for the odd hiccups.
I feel like the Iomega has the gets hiccups, but does not "survive" them.

By hiccups, I mean BGM would "freeze" for about 1 sec or 2, then resume, same thing with FMVs, seems rather random.

Got any ideas on this?

I think that I'm currently using cIOS38 Rev 15 (that's the last installer I got on my SD card)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( I kind of bought the Prestige because the hiccups were getting on my nerves, kind of pissing me off now that it's even worse)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:
I just bought one of those today, and no matter what I do, it would freeze after around 5 minutes of gaming. Friend of mine has one too and have no issues though.

My Seagate FreeAgent seems to be working relatively well, except for the odd hiccups.

By hiccups, I mean BGM would "freeze" for about 1 sec or 2, then resume, same thing with FMVs, seems rather random.

Got any ideas on this?

I think that I'm currently using cIOS38 Rev 15 (that's the last installer I got on my SD card)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( I kind of bought the Prestige because the hiccups were getting on my nerves, kind of pissing me off now that it's even worse)
cIOS249 rev 15 was bad, upgrade to rev 20. I have a Iomega Prestige 500GB and it works fine, no hiccups. Using FAT32.

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jqwest said:
Download software for drive from manufacture website and disable spindown or hibernation mode of this drive....sometimes it requires a firmware update

here is the compatibility list

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_C...lity_List#250GB

Thanks, but there's no software upgrades for it, at least not on their website.

And like I said, my Seagate seem to have the same issue, except that in this case, it "survive" those hiccups.

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
Zantagor said:

Got any ideas on this?

cIOS249 rev 15 was bad, upgrade to rev 20. I have a Iomega Prestige 500GB and it works fine, no hiccups. Using FAT32.

ya, that's what I though so I did upgrade to Rev 20. Same issues, at least with WBFS.
now, I was about to try FAT32, but of course windows XP can't format a FAT32 at higher than 32GB. What did you use to format your 500?

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick addendum to my plea
wink.gif

I talked to my friend who is using a Prestige as well but working fine for him.

His primary partition is a WBFS
while in my case, my primary partition is a NTFS, and I put the WBFS on the extended partition.
Could this be the possible reason of the odd hiccups/freezes? (Both my Seagate and Iomega are using this setup)

From what he told me, all tutorials were saying to put WBFS on the primary, would that be the reason?

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
George Dawes said:
FAT32 Format will format your drive.

Ya, thanks
wink.gif
I kind of found it about 15 minutes after writing this.

I tried to put a game on the drive using the Backup Manager.... it put the file in a WBFS folder on the drive. But Somehow CFG USB Loader was saying there was no game on the drive. :/

Also, what about my supposition that my issue could be that the WBFS partition wasn't the primary, does this hold water?

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
George Dawes said:
No idea, I don't use WBFS and haven't for a long time. FAT32 does everything + more so I've had no reason to go back to it.

Guess I'll give FAT32 a try tonight, I tried this morning, but somehow CFG USB Loader didn't see the game I've put on using WiiBackupManager. (it put it in a WBFS folder)

You can still run games through IOS223 right? (like for MH3 and Basara 3)

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
George Dawes said:
Yep, you can still use any cIOS.

Make sure that you have the game in the right directory structure - cfg allows 3 (iirc) different placements, you can change how it reads/writes to the /wbfs/ dir in the config file. Check the cfg thread for more info.

Well, still somehow froze with WBFS on primary partition.

So I went and made a 200GB Fat32 partition for testing purpose, was able to play Sengoku Basara 3 for 4 hours without freezing or hiccups.

So guess that solves my issue for now
wink.gif

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Iomega Prestige 1TB is also my HDD. I've been using it right out of the box (NTFS factory formatted) , just creating a wbfs folder in the root and adding .wbfs files in it through PC. Worked like a charm on CFG USB Loader and cIOS249 v.19 base 57 (haven't updated to 20 yet). Later on I tried formatting the drive to FAT32 and again installing .wbfs files in wbfs folder. Same results, worked flawlessly.

In FAT32, you can also install CFG USB Loader in the root of the USB drive and this way, you don't even need an SD card in the Wii. When formatting to FAT32, make sure partition is set to primary AND active.

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya, friend of mine also has a Prestige and have no issues.

I just don't know why my Seagate have those weird random hiccups, and my prestige too, though seagate seems to recoup those, while prestige couldn't.

Anyway, so far I think FAT32 works perfect for now. Still wondering why it would do that for WBFS though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14 is a bit young to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14 is a bit young to "Define" yourself. :) +3