Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sga said:
We can launch video
But , it say we can launch HOMEBREWS !Whats is the format of the game for it's play only homebrew ?

Homebrew has the same extension as a original DS game (NDS). But Homebrew has to be (Auto) DLDI patched.
Original DS games are just not accepted (without a hack). You can launch Homebrew, but no original DS
game (for now).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ShadoWolF XF said:
I so plan on buying one. Honestly, I'm hoping they release a library for using the onboard CPU and RAM. It would ease up on emulation a bit, allowing better Genesis and SNES emulation, we could use it for typical applications to allow better file cache, and all sorts of other things. Actually, because of this hardware, I can see how Soft Reset can work with homebrew.

I'm going to say it flat out, kudos to these guys on not incorporating a ROM loader. They said they wouldn't do it to avoid legal issues with Nintendo and I have to agree with them. This makes it easier for this to hit retail shelves. If someone does make a ROM loader for this, I will likely track them down and destroy them and the source. It's that simple. Everyone who is reading this thread, realize that if a ROM loader is released, it will not be from the iPlayer team themselves.

Sga said:
What is the homebrew format ?If it's .nds , you can run NDS Rom , be we can't start NDS rom normally , right ?
But if we can't launch NDS rom because the format is too heavy , you can launch the homebrew "Y'S Menu"and with you can start NDS rom !So ...we can lauch nds rom !

PS : if my english suck , it's because i'm french !

1) It won't launch ROMs natively.
2) YSMenu doesn't have its own loader, it is entirely dependent on the loader available in the flash card's firmware. As long as this doesn't load ROMs, YSMenu won't be able to do much of anything.

QUOTE(wolffangalchemist @ Jun 17 2009, 04:06 PM) no roms playability...
sounds like the Datel Games n' Music all over again, but with good video playback this time.

Don't forget, this will play music in better quality (GnM had bass issues) and will have auto DLDI patching, and probably better Homebrew compatibility at that.

You literally have no fucking clue how this actually works do you? it contains no extra ram or cpu, its a multimedia decoder chip which is specifically designed for multimedia with no other purpose in mind. Not to mention no emulators are actually still in current development. A Rom Loader although making it more illegal changes nothing in the fact that this device is still illegal like all other non Nintendo made carts.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
cfcpd95 said:
elixirdream said:
The Retail price for iPlayer in China is RMB 198 after conversion is approximate 28-30 USD
I have contacted and they have told me it will be 45 USD

thats big different ...
nevertheless, just hope DX will sell it cheap
tongue.gif

cfcpd95

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
techfi.co.uk
XP
Country
If we get ROM loader I think a coder should at least try to give us cheat database or RTS as this would leave AK2 and iplayer customers happy !!!, if anyone would be able to do this it would be great

Also does anyone know if this extra power could be used to let the Browser work without the memory pack ?!!!

AND I have herd reports of this memory also being used for a GBA Emulaor ?!!!

D

Deleted-119707

cfcpd95 said:
If we get ROM loader I think a coder should at least try to give us cheat database or RTS as this would leave AK2 and iplayer customers happy !!!, if anyone would be able to do this it would be great

Also does anyone know if this extra power could be used to let the Browser work without the memory pack ?!!!

AND I have herd reports of this memory also being used for a GBA Emulaor ?!!!

you sir are a noob. the web browser IS a ROM. without a rom laoder how are you expect to load the browser.
GBA emulator? lol. you heard no such thing.

its wwhat i expect from someone new with 6 posts i guess...

hardy83

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The website just updated recently to include downloads.

They include.
The Iplayer OS
A patch for Moonshell reset whatever that is.
And the Iplayer Dldi source code.

So now I guess someone can fool around with it and see if it can load ROMs or what have you? Or do people need the cart still?

rhanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered one of these from DX
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26437

I wonder if there are going to be audio sync problems however. Every time I try a reasonably priced PMP with XviD capabilities the audio lags horribly. I don't like having to do a lot of file converting cause it's a pain and takes forever. My PSP has good playback, but again converting is a pain. I just hope iPlayer got it right, guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
You know there are two language edition as the iPlayer product line. One of them is $38.50 of the English edition as follows:

http://www.psxboy.com/1088_iPlayer-for-DS_...h-Edition).html

Another is $28.00 of the Chinese edition as follows;

http://www.psxboy.com/1089_iPlayer-for-DS_...e-Edition).html

Does anyone know what's different between these two editions? If I can use the English language menu in the Chinese edition of iPlayer, I'm going to buy the cheap Chinese edition.

Your information would be appreciated.

freddy pharkas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nori2nori said:
You know there are two language edition as the iPlayer product line. One of them is $38.50 of the English edition as follows:

http://www.psxboy.com/1088_iPlayer-for-DS_...h-Edition).html

Another is $28.00 of the Chinese edition as follows;

http://www.psxboy.com/1089_iPlayer-for-DS_...e-Edition).html

Does anyone know what's different between these two editions? If I can use the English language menu in the Chinese edition of iPlayer, I'm going to buy the cheap Chinese edition.

Your information would be appreciated.

I think they're probably the same, unless the Chinese language version is a fake(imitation).

Oh BTW, just some info, about the chip AML340, I think this is some kind of PIC or MCU IC in a VQ100 Package, and it's real IC# was intentionally erased. So, it''s like a SOC(System On Chip). But then, I may be wrong, because I'm more of a pharmacist, and electronics is just my hobby. As for the other chips, previous post was quite right, one was a flash chip and the other as a ram (maybe for workspace & buffering, etc.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34