Hacking Is it safe to update my wii?

OnyLpJTRQR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uninstalled HBC, bootmii, dvdx, and i used anytitle deleter to remove cios 249. Is it safe to update my wii now?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would just ad that there is always a risk when updating your firmware, even using Ninty's official method. For example, Ninty's method for updating boot2 is apparently more brick prone than the method used by DOP-MII/Bushing.

I gotta ask why you want to update, and why you want to update using Ninty's method?

Personally I always found updating the Wii using utilities like Anytitle Deleter, DOP-MII, WAD-Installer and NUSD a better way to go as you have more control over what gets updated and when. Though doing so does take a little more effort and care. Lot's of pre-reading is a must if you are new to the scene.

-[]D

OnyLpJTRQR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Any particular reason to why? In all reality you are safer with a soft modded wii than you are without. Just dont play with things and follow guides until you know what the apps do.

And please, for the love of god (not as if I believe), make a nand backup with bootmii before you go and start doing things to "virginize" your wii, especially without fully knowing what is happening behind the scenes.

There have been quite a few people recently that have tried "virginizing" their wii and either by user err0r or faulty/old guide have managed to screw up their wii and did the complete opposite of what they wanted to accomplish. Thats why I say make a nand backup, even if you can only install bootmii as an IOS.

At least no matter how bad a wii gets screwed up, as long as I can get the nand backup or keys I can fix someones wii (ignoring the fact of hardware failure which is rare with the wii compared to ps3 and xbox 360 (and hell sometimes I can fix hardware failure too)).

Well I did make a nand backup a while ago, but I uninstalled bootmii. Should I "virginize" my wii but keep my bootmii at startup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme