Hacking Is the PS Store 1.28 update safe to install on 4.82 Rebug cfw?

duwen

Old Man Toad
OP
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I turned my PS3 on to download one of Decembers free PS Plus games, and was presented with a message saying that I needed to update the (store) application to 1.28 to be able to access it.
I'm running Rebug 4.82 cfw, spoofed to 4.83 via SEN Enabler, and have had no problems connecting to the store previously.

Is it safe to approve this update and not risk losing cfw? Will it even update correctly on a spoofed cfw console?
Granted, I have "other methods" of installing most PSN software, so it's no great loss if I can't, but I try to keep things as legit as possible wherever possible.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you can. Every time I install a PSN or disc game it usually asks me to update the game. It’s safe and it’s not gonna break the game or your console. You don’t even have to be signed into PSN.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try it anyway. You can delete the update from PS3 game data if it doesn’t work, or you can make a NAND/NOR backup just to be safe. You have nothing to lose since the store doesn’t work for you anyway.

Reactions: duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1