Hacking Is there any program to trim roms....

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, basically, I have a ton of roms on my SD card (more than 2 gigs) for an M3 (not the lite, but whatever people are calling the side loading one that is slightly smaller). None of these have been trimmed, because I wanted to maximize compatibility, and I have a 4 gig SD card anyway. However, I just got a new PDA that supports 4 gig SD cards, so I was hoping to switch the 2 gig memory card from my PDA into the M3, and put the 4gig memory card into my PDA. However, since I have over 2 gigs worth, I need to start trimming the roms

The problem I'm having is that I don't remember any of the settings that worked well on the roms on my SD card, and don't wan to go through trial and error again on that many roms. I was wondering if there was any standalone program that can just trim out the empty space in the rom but also let it still work with the M3. This is probably too much to ask, but I was hoping I'd be able to save the trouble. Any ideas?

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And these will work on DS roms too, or just the GBA ones?

Edit: Neither worked for DS roms but they trimmed about 20 megs off my GBA roms. I guess I'll just have to use the M3 software to trim the DS roms. I guess I'll just set everything to Fast Boot 4x, Software Reset, TrimRom and fix issues as they come up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)