Hacking is this legit? (converted PSP isos?)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ah my bad I guess I fail lol I thought that PSP mode was fully cracked now not just some homebrew.
That's not "it", really. The PSP Mode is fully cracked, it's just that the emulator only consists of the User Mode of the PSP, as far as I know. There have been numerous instances of teams trying to launch ISO's in User Mode, however all failed to my knowledge.

To make an ISO loader work, it needs to run in Kernel Mode.

Reactions: 1 person

Chiverus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not "it", really. The PSP Mode is fully cracked, it's just that the emulator only consists of the User Mode of the PSP, as far as I know. There have been numerous instances of teams trying to launch ISO's in User Mode, however all failed to my knowledge.

so have they tried any of the signed iso's like that angry birds that was signed awhile back? though I have no false delusions that this would work at all just a thought.
as for the video.....no just no.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

so have they tried any of the signed iso's like that angry birds that was signed awhile back? though I have no false delusions that this would work at all just a thought.
It doesn't matter if it's signed or not if you can't boot an ISO loader now, does it?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Being signed would actually make it less likely to work in a sense - HBL can't run stuff that is signed. For example, if you sign homebrew for OFW, it can't be run with HBL. And on top of that, HBL can't load ISOs. The only way I can see this working ever is if you can replace the PSP game with a signed ISO (converted to EBOOT.PBP, which is part of the signing process), so that the Vita FW loads it directly. But this would probably require a custom driver for the Vita to allow direct access to the memory card over USB, allowing you to replace an installed game.

There is also a good chance that the Vita will have extra checks in place over what the PSP had to stop the psuedo-signing working. Sony could even have changed the keys used for signing PSP games, so that the Vita actually receives a different version of games from PSN than the PSP does, and those signed with the PSP keys won't work. In either case, even if you were to replace a "legit" PSP game with a signed ISO, it wouldn't work.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't even move iso's into Vita cause the backup manager blocks it

didnt they a while ago let you bypass the manager?
No, all that has been done is the manager has been patched to work without connecting to the internet everytime and without forcing you to update your Vita's firmware. Other than that, the functionality is unchanged.
I managed to edit the SFO files and change the Icons of the Apps.

424513_360423823991507_100000716773867_1121933_498633873_n.jpg

But when I copy them to the Vita they go back to normal(SFO and Icon). IDK why or how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet