Hacking Is your R4 stuck on "Loading..."?

Trvoli

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello, I have downloaded the kernel from the website address on the box,but on mine i have formatted it to fat32 copied loads of different firmwares across and kept on trying but each time on the ds it keeps on coming up with a picture of a folder that says menu ? and i dont know what i am doing wrong please can you help me.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it look like this?

ttds_load-2.jpg

If it does then your R4 clone is actually a DSTT clone with the R4 name on it. You'll need to search the DSTT forums for the firmware with the fake killer removed and install that, your card should be up and running then.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Wow, I think my r4-iii died. I tried 3 microsd cards and both ysmenu and the original clone fw. Still stuck on loading. I've had this card for nearly a year now.

Yeah, sounds your cart has died I'm afraid mate.
frown.gif

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
triassic911 said:
Nope. I opened it up and it seems the the entire casing that holds the micro sd card came sort of loose so I put it back in place and everything is a-ok once again.
yay.gif
arghh it survived
frown.gif

happy its working again
make sure to back up your game data

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkRey said:
triassic911 said:
Nope. I opened it up and it seems the the entire casing that holds the micro sd card came sort of loose so I put it back in place and everything is a-ok once again.
yay.gif
arghh it survived
frown.gif

happy its working again
make sure to back up your game data
I'm actually quite sad... I was gonna use it as an excuse to get myself an acekard but now that I have a working flashcart, I would feel guilty.

megaman671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys im new here i have a question for my r4 -iii:

1-if i use an 8 gb (or possibly a 16 gb) micro sd card, will it read on my r4-iii (currently i have 2/4 gb cards)

oh and im saving my cash to buy another flash cart. which one should i buy? DSTT or Acekard 2?

i realize this is a clone {=(- but aw well

ALSO, for anyone else having trouble running games get ysmenu and use r4sauto. solved a bunch of problems for me =)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
megaman671 said:

1-if i use an 8 gb (or possibly a 16 gb) micro sd card, will it read on my r4-iii (currently i have 2/4 gb cards)

oh and im saving my cash to buy another flash cart. which one should i buy? DSTT or Acekard 2?

ALSO, for anyone else having trouble running games get ysmenu and use r4sauto. solved a bunch of problems for me =)

The 8 gig card will work but if it's like the R4 SDHC then it might corrupt it once it's filled over 4 gig. I've not got any experience using the R4III so can't say for certain. I'd say stick to the 4 gig until you get a new cart, better to be safe than sorry kind of thing. And I'd recommend an Acekard 2 over a DSTT anyday! I've got an AK2 and owned a DSTT and the AK2 is definitely alot more superior.

megaman671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
megaman671 said:

The 8 gig card will work but if it's like the R4 SDHC then it might corrupt it once it's filled over 4 gig. I've not got any experience using the R4III so can't say for certain. I'd say stick to the 4 gig until you get a new cart, better to be safe than sorry kind of thing. And I'd recommend an Acekard 2 over a DSTT anyday! I've got an AK2 and owned a DSTT and the AK2 is definitely alot more superior.

lolz your right. and besides, maybe i can use that 8 gb on a AK2!
yaynds.gif

btw, how superior?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The build quality is a little more flimsy but thanks to AKAIO it has a much higher compatability rate, a much much much much much better interface and is updated alot more frequently. It's been months since the DSTT has had an update, although there is an unofficial firmware you can use.

When I say the build quality is a little more flimsy it sounds worse than it is, the plastic housing (on mine anyway) is attached tby clips rather than glued shut like the DSTT, but the microsd slot is alot sturdier than it is on the DSTT. Plus with the AK2 you don't have to worry about fake-killer firmwares! lol

D

Deleted-119707

add: R4rts.cn this is the m3s version of the r4. ysmenu will NOT work on this. (well i coudnt get it working XD)

megaman671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
The build quality is a little more flimsy but thanks to AKAIO it has a much higher compatability rate, a much much much much much better interface and is updated alot more frequently. It's been months since the DSTT has had an update, although there is an unofficial firmware you can use.

When I say the build quality is a little more flimsy it sounds worse than it is, the plastic housing (on mine anyway) is attached tby clips rather than glued shut like the DSTT, but the microsd slot is alot sturdier than it is on the DSTT. Plus with the AK2 you don't have to worry about fake-killer firmwares! lol

thnxs man! now ill start saving my cash for a new AK2. plus, are there any fakes out there? we have seen it with r4 (no duh) and dstt and m3. so r there?

megaman671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:

thnxs man! now ill start saving my cash for a new AK2. plus, are there any fakes out there? we have seen it with r4 (no duh) and dstt and m3. so r there?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
megaman671 said:

No probs mate! There are fake AK2s around from what I've read on the forums but you can't tell until you open them. If you order this one from DealExtreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142) you've got a pretty good chance of getting a proper AK2. If you ask in the AK2 sub-forum here someone might be able to point you towards a reliable Canadian seller though.

megaman671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
megaman671 said:

No probs mate! There are fake AK2s around from what I've read on the forums but you can't tell until you open them. If you order this one from DealExtreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142) you've got a pretty good chance of getting a proper AK2. If you ask in the AK2 sub-forum here someone might be able to point you towards a reliable Canadian seller though.

thnxxs (again.. lol) can you use saves from r4 on a ak2? if you can't well... that could be a problem =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: not yet tho