Hacking ISO file swon't burn onto Maxell DVD-R's but will burn on chea

qwertykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I burnt a Wii ISO onto a cheap DVD-R and it had about a 60% quality rating with DVDInfoPro.

So I went and bought some Maxell gold topped DVD-R's and burnt the same ISO onto with IMGBurn and when its about to verify the DVD after writing, it says "Device not ready: Incompatible media installed". I then tried it with Nero by opening the ISO file as DVD Image and burnt it, but DVDInfoPro says there is no media loaded.

Does anyone know why this is happenning with the Maxell DVD-R's and not the cheap DVD-R's? I thought it would be the other way round!!!

Thanks for your help.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had experience with Maxell DVD-R's. I can tell you that I had countless problems trying to get isos to burn and once I did get them to burn, they never were able to read on my wii.

My best recommendation is to just buy some different disks. I currently use Sony DVD-R's and they haven't let me down once.

Sorry I couldn't help much. Just thought I would throw out my experiences with Maxell.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? The gold topped ones and everything?

Hmm, maybe my burner just sucks, idk. I always thought they never worked on Wii consoles in the first place. Oh well, sorry for the inconvenience.

qwertykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do u guys burn it with Nero? Do you open up the image by double clicking on the ISO file, or going to File > Open and choosing the ISO file where it says 'DVD Image' before burning?

Or do you open up Nero first and then choose one of the following?

DVD-ROM (ISO)
DVD-ROM (Boot)
DVD-ROM (UDF)
DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...