Gaming I've decided that Professor Layton is the best DS game.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you add it all up (GFX, music, game play) and take away your own personal bias, multiply by the uniqueness of the DS and it's control system. Professor Layton comes out as THE best DS game.

I did the maths. It told me I was right.

biggrin.gif

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i would have agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but after finishing the world ends with you and playing ninja gaiden DS i must say that these 2 games do a way better job using the DS possibilities for inovative gameplay

prof layton could just as well have been a PSP game although i must admit being able to doodle on the screen was handy

D

Deleted User

4ppleseed said:
When you add it all up (GFX, music, game play) and take away your own personal bias, multiply by the uniqueness of the DS and it's control system. Phoenix Wright comes out as THE best DS game.

biggrin.gif
Fix'd.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Endogene said:
i would have agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but after finishing the world ends with you and playing ninja gaiden DS i must say that these 2 games do a way better job using the DS possibilities for inovative gameplay

prof layton could just as well have been a PSP game although i must admit being able to doodle on the screen was handy

Nope. You're wrong. I did the maths.
wink.gif

Ninja Gaiden looses out because it too focused in its predominately male audience. It's not just about the use of the DS, it's the whole package. I haven't played TWEWY, so can't add it to my equation, just yet. I'll update my findings if I do.

As for...
Endogene said:
prof layton could just as well have been a PSP game although i must admit being able to doodle on the screen was handy.

EVERY game could possibly be a PSP game to a certain extent but for a 3rd party game like Prof Layton, it has Nintendo and everything that stands for, written all over it.

QUOTE(YassoMasso @ May 6 2008, 05:39 PM)
Full quote Endogene. There many games as TWEWY which use DS in much more ways better than Professor Layton.

It's not just about the way the user interacts with the DS. It's about the whoooole package. Professor Layton wins.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I disagree. I didn't enjoyed it as much as I did with Phoenix Wright series. It was... Too slow. I love puzzles but somehow this game annoys me a bit. The storyline doesn't grip me.

zoharmodifier

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I felt that the problems were the puzzles weren't filtered for quality. Some of them were painstakingly easy, others were just plain stupid. But I guess that's what happens when you have SO many... I would have just preferred them weed out the poor ones.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4ppleseed said:
When you add it all up (GFX, music, game play) and take away your own personal bias, multiply by the uniqueness of the DS and it's control system. Professor Layton comes out as THE best DS game.

biggrin.gif
Games that were better:
New Super Mario Bros
LOZ Phantom Hourglass
TWEWY

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prof Layton was really nice surprise classic, but nothing more. There are many titles better. It needs to improve on storyline and quality of puzzles as someone said above. And although the huge amount of puzzles was great, it would be nice if it didn't rely on puzzles so heavily.

QUOTE said:
prof layton could just as well have been a PSP game although i must admit being able to doodle on the screen was handy.
What about the hidden puzzles you had to find, and the way you had to move around. And of course, the doodling you mentioned is invaluable. It would control awfully on a PSP or anything without a touch screen. I don't see how you could suggest otherwise.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kais said:
4ppleseed said:

biggrin.gif

Games that were better:
New Super Mario Bros
LOZ Phantom Hourglass
TWEWY

No, no and no. The calculations are all wrong.

NSMB hardly implements the uniqueness of the DS.
Zelda was boring
and (after playing it a bit) I can say that my 11 year old niece and non-game playing girlfriend would find TWEWY not 'pick up and play' enough compared to Prof L.

QUOTE(zoharmodifier @ May 6 2008, 06:50 PM)
I felt that the problems were the puzzles weren't filtered for quality. Some of them were painstakingly easy, others were just plain stupid. But I guess that's what happens when you have SO many... I would have just preferred them weed out the poor ones.

I agree, some of them are all over the place! haha. I'm not saying its a perfect game. Just that it's the best DS game mathematically speaking.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've come to the decision that you are not authorized to say which game is the outright best DS game and that you cannot conclude your statement without being eaten by a hyena

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xJonny said:
I've come to the decision that you are not authorized to say which game is the outright best DS game and that you cannot conclude your statement without being eaten by a hyena

But I've done the maths and it IS the best DS game. It's not even MY favorite DS game but it is the 'best DS game'. You can't deny the maths.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As with all scientific and mathematical findings, I expect you to publish a paper in a reputable scientific or mathematical journal so that it can be peer-reviewed before we can be expected to assume you are correct.

The title of this thread gives you away (you've decided instead of you've discovered).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.