Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I have a backup of James Bond QoS for PAL wii, and I run it on the backup launcher gamma, will it work good, if it all?

Someone said some PAL games play in black and white on North American Wii's. Would using gecko OS or starfall play this game?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, I got PAL games working on my NTSC-U Wii, it mostly depends on the TV I thik, but I've never seen any problems.
smile.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit complicated. Nintendo doesn't support PAL output from NTSC systems, note the lack of menu option for it.

But they didn't remove the ability. So PAL games will run perfectly fine in their original video mode using a modchip or backup loader, if your TV accepts PAL.

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway to check if the TV supports PAL? Or if I change the region on the backup with something will the wii and TV see it as a USA game?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haruhi said:
It's a bit complicated. Nintendo doesn't support PAL output from NTSC systems, note the lack of menu option for it.

But they didn't remove the ability. So PAL games will run perfectly fine in their original video mode using a modchip or backup loader, if your TV accepts PAL.

Not exactly, every Wii is able to ouput NTSC and PAL video. You said yourself that most games run fine in their region video mode even if it's not your region. The problem here are the games themselves, some contain code for both video modes, some only for their video mode. You can patch it into the main.dol for some(most/all?) games.

QUOTE(Ga1l0w @ Dec 30 2008, 09:59 PM) Anyway to check if the TV supports PAL?

Run Gecko OS or Gamma and set it to force PAL60 (never use PAL50 on a NTSC Wii/game/tv). At least some of your (NTSC) games should work with this. If the video playback is fine in the games which run ==> your tv supports PAL, if you get black&white playback and or flipping playback ==> your tv doesn't support PAL playback

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4