Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
Just for those of us living in PAL regions with jpn-wii consoles...

WiiFit Pal (complete package - game and pal b-board) on ntsc-j console update...

console updated from ssbb-jpn (3.1jv2 firmware)

if you only have 3.1jv2 you may still have to update with the 3.1v1j firmware (wiifit-jpn)
to play wiifit without duplicate channels...

my ntsc-j with 3.1jv2 required 'driver files' for the balance board (pal version)

once the game was installed with pal-firmware i had duplicate weather and news channels
those were deleted via duplicate channel remover 2.1 and voila - all is well...

i have had to boot the game with freeloader tho in order for it to load properly - once ingame
tho everything is a-ok!

(due to ios37 laying dormant on 3.2j i did not update to 3.2j firmware - this may negate the need
to update from the disc altogether..)

SHREDMAN

je551ca25

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone could kindly help me here. I bought the wii fit pal version this week, after my friend who also has a jap wii said it worked fine for her. When i put it in my jap wii, I didnt know i shouldn't have let it update my wii and now i think its semi bricked. When i go into settings it wont let me in...and if i put the wii fit disk in a black screen appears.

Ive tried using wii fit jap version and Mario kart jap version to unbrick it but for some reason i get this 001 error. Ive searched on the forum, and ive found out some other ppl have got the 001 error playing mario kart but did this error appear because of my semi brick or because i need to do something with the iso?

Also unfortunately, i dont know what chip i have because my wii was a present and at the time i didnt know i needed to know what chip it was. Therefore i havent updated the chip. I'm wondering if i guess and try using wiikey update to update my chip could there be a possiblility that i would damage the wii? I think its wiikey because I got it quite early.....(sorry might be a bad guess) and wiikey seems to be the most popular then.

I'm afraid im not very good at the techy side of things, which is probably why my wii is in this state, id be grateful if someone can help me find a solution to unbrick my wii.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
je551ca25 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone could kindly help me here. I bought the wii fit pal version this week, after my friend who also has a jap wii said it worked fine for her. When i put it in my jap wii, I didnt know i shouldn't have let it update my wii and now i think its semi bricked. When i go into settings it wont let me in...and if i put the wii fit disk in a black screen appears.

Ive tried using wii fit jap version and Mario kart jap version to unbrick it but for some reason i get this 001 error. Ive searched on the forum, and ive found out some other ppl have got the 001 error playing mario kart but did this error appear because of my semi brick or because i need to do something with the iso?

Also unfortunately, i dont know what chip i have because my wii was a present and at the time i didnt know i needed to know what chip it was. Therefore i havent updated the chip. I'm wondering if i guess and try using wiikey update to update my chip could there be a possiblility that i would damage the wii? I think its wiikey because I got it quite early.....(sorry might be a bad guess) and wiikey seems to be the most popular then.

I'm afraid im not very good at the techy side of things, which is probably why my wii is in this state, id be grateful if someone can help me find a solution to unbrick my wii.

download and burn this to dvd. it update and unbrick your wii.

http://static.hackmii.com/wii-system-menu-...-v288-repad.rar

je551ca25

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much! your link worked. Ive been searching around for ages for a solution now i finally found some help!.......hopefully now i can play my wii fit..........

Leoking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So...anyone got FFCC working? =/
still getting ticket error...

and got a pair of duplicate channels when i installed Lostwinds and Defend your castle... >

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah im please?

tv show king is great for me and my cousins

please someone force it to english

i think its about time superken updated his freethewads

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Leoking said:
So...anyone got FFCC working? =/
still getting ticket error...

and got a pair of duplicate channels when i installed Lostwinds and Defend your castle... >

zerossan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!
I am a little behind on all those stuffs but I would like to use some wiiware games and maybe some VC games...
I have a 3.2J with a wiikey 1.9g
I quite understood the twilight hack however I have still a few questions.
Can I install any region wiiware/VC games? How can I make a game region free?
How can I make sure the game I found is not a fake, Is there any way to try it on a PC?
I read somewhere that you have to unistall those VC/wiiware game before going online. Is it true?

thanks for your help

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
zerossan said:
Hello all!
I am a little being on all those stuffs but I would like to use some wiiware games and maybe some VC games...
How can I make sure the game I found is not a fake, Is there any way to try it on a PC?
I read somewhere that you have to unistall those VC/wiiware game before going online. Is it true?

thanks for your help

to install a wiiware or vc from other region, you need to make it regionfree using freethewads.
you must try/install it on wii.
you uninstall before going online because there is a possibility that nintendo could detect your bad ticket and do something to your wii. but until now, nintendo hasn't do anything than blocking bad ticket to redownload from wiishop.

zerossan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epu708 said:
zerossan said:
Hello all!
I am a little being on all those stuffs but I would like to use some wiiware games and maybe some VC games...

thanks for your help

to install a wiiware or vc from other region, you need to make it regionfree using freethewads.
you uninstall before going online because there is a possibility that nintendo could detect your bad ticket and do something to your wii. but until now, nintendo hasn't do anything than blocking bad ticket to redownload from wiishop.

Thanks! Just a last question. Do a bad VC/wiiware game can brick my wii?

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
zerossan said:
epu708 said:
zerossan said:
Hello all!

thanks for your help

Thanks! Just a last question. Do a bad VC/wiiware game can brick my wii?

no, it won't.
usually, if the wad is bad, it will fail in the installation process.
don't know the exact answer though.

Midnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all,

I own a Japanese 3.2J Wii modded with a Wiikey 1.9s.

Unlike many other Wiikey owners, I'm not really all that interested in downloading and playing backups. Instead, I simply want to be able to play original (store-bought) NTSC-U games on my console.

Consequently, can someone please advise me as to whether (and how) I can play the original NTSC-U versions of these games on my Wii?

1. Super Smash Bros Brawl
2. Mario Kart
3. Pokemon Battle Revolution

Since these are original discs, I won't be able to apply any iso patches. Unfortunately, the game compatibility list on this site doesn't seem to indicate whether these games work without being patched. And I can't try them out myself, since I don't want to purchase the games before knowing whether I can actually play them without bricking my console.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At 1.9s, you should be fine with those. Error 001 should be dealt with, and as long as you are at 3.2J they won't semi-brick. I'm not sure the MK channel will work, but apart from that, should be fine.

Midnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
mwaddoups said:
At 1.9s, you should be fine with those. Error 001 should be dealt with, and as long as you are at 3.2J they won't semi-brick. I'm not sure the MK channel will work, but apart from that, should be fine.
Thanks for the response! Will I need to enable the Wiikey's Update Blocker for any of these games, or will they run fine without that? Are there any other precautions I can take to avoid bricking when using an original game disc?

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far, no games carry anything higher than 3.2J so you should be fine without it activated. Leaving it activated if trying a new release isn't a bad idea, and if it causes a black screen just ask here - chances are there will be a fix. It won't harm anything, and apart from that there isn't much else to do. If you can get a copy of freeloader, that can prevent updating and make sure the languages patch correctly (I think) or if unable to get a copy, the latest Gecko Region Free homebrew app can do the same.

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
update on wiifit-pal on ntsc-j console....

you can get the game to boot by using freeloader then loading wiifit
ejecting the game then loading again and it will work a treat...

to avoid this you cannot simply inject freeloader to the 1st partition of the disc
and then expect it to boot - you will still have to load the game twice before it
will boot.

inject the freeloader partition to partition1 using a combination of wiiscrubber 1.2
and regionfii - but when you have done that you must use generic wii patcher

i used the 001 fix - pal to ntsc video mode patch and the language patch to make
sure the game will boot all on one disc! no more swapping...

this trick should work for everyone who has to use freeloader to dual boot the
game.... save yourself the extra 15secs of hard work ejecting and loading discs!!!

smile.gif

SHREDMAN

Midnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Midnight said:
I own a Japanese 3.2J Wii modded with a Wiikey 1.9s.

Unlike many other Wiikey owners, I'm not really all that interested in downloading and playing backups. Instead, I simply want to be able to play original (store-bought) NTSC-U games on my console.

Consequently, can someone please advise me as to whether (and how) I can play the original NTSC-U versions of these games on my Wii?

1. Super Smash Bros Brawl
2. Mario Kart
3. Pokemon Battle Revolution

Since these are original discs, I won't be able to apply any iso patches. Unfortunately, the game compatibility list on this site doesn't seem to indicate whether these games work without being patched. And I can't try them out myself, since I don't want to purchase the games before knowing whether I can actually play them without bricking my console.
Update: I was able to load and play the original NTSC-U versions of Mario Kart and SSBB perfectly fine. For Mario Kart, the console prompted me to perform an update, which I allowed to proceed (with my Wiikey's Update Blocker & Dev Mode settings enabled). SSBB did not indicate that it needed any updates. I did not need to use Freeloader for either game, and I did not experience any semi-bricking or duplicate channels. Hopefully this experience helps someone else out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk