Apple Just finished building my iPhone have a small problem.

Hells Guardian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I recieved the last part today for my iPhone 3GS 8GB and finished assembling it. It works perfectly except I can't get it to jailbreak. No matter how many times I try with redsn0w it just reboots the phone when it starts the process after setting it into DFU mode. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do to get this phone to learn whos boss?

Hells Guardian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm absolutely certain that it is a 3GS as I took the board from my mothers recently dead phone. She destroyed the screen and most of the upper assembly. Either way it doesn't want to go. I'm going to try a little trick a friend mentioned. he said while the Redsn0w app is downloading the iPad baseband quickly disconnect and reconnect the phone. I'll post back shortly after I try it. and I already checked with if0rcast

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Try searching for the Compass app. (You can search via Spotlight if you have a lot of icons.) The iPhone 3G doesn't have a compass, but the iPhone 3GS does.

Once you have the device and firmware determined, make sure you download the correct IPSW for redsn0w. (i.e.- If it's a 3GS with iOS 4.3.3, download that IPSW.)

Hells Guardian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it going with the trick I mentioned above. Like I said I'd already determined the phone type the firmware version and the bootrom version before I built it. I had to know the hardware so I could be certain to get the right parts. Thanks anyways for the help. I'm enjoying this phone very much now that I got all the issues worked out and everything is running perfectly. I guess now I should put it up for sale as was the plan. although... I could always use another phone... oh well thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Waffles, because blue triangles agree that skibidi toilet is brain rot +1