Ph1l0z0ph3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where would i start with my Ak2i? Whats the latest firmware? Im guessing AKAIO 1.41 since thats what the sticky has? I had a R4DS original circa early 07 will my old saves work with it?Also I had a patched GTA will this work fine with my AK2i? Any help or tips is greatly appreciated.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#Quick_Guide

Code:
Quick Guide
Format the microSD with the Panasonic formatter. 
Download the [url=http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#Links][u]current[/u][/url] version of AKAIO 
Follow in install guide below: Put the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds in the ROOT of your microSD card 
Insert the microSD card firmly in a non-spring loaded (new shell) ak2.1 and ak2i. If your MSD slot is spring loaded make sure it "clicks." 
Insert the Acekard firmly into your NDS, again make sure it clicks. 
Boot up the NDS, select the Acekard from the firmware Slot-1 selection box, and enjoy

QUOTE said:
I had a R4DS original circa early 07 will my old saves work with it? Also I had a patched GTA will this work fine with my AK2i? Any help or tips is greatly appreciated

yes they use the same save format. just make sure your save extension in akaio is set to ".sav." more info on how to do this is in the wiki. your gta patched rom probably does not allow wifi. i've read a large amount of cases where the patched rom has save issues. akaio was the first firmware to support a real fix for gta:cw. i would advise you to run a clean copy and hope that your old save file will continue to work.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its for updateing the loaders, cheats, and savelist.bin, files which are used by akaio. the updated version features a fix for the 'gets what new' text.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...ating_via_Wi-Fi

Code:
Updating via Wi-Fi
Before you attempt to use the Wi-Fi update, make sure you are running the latest Wi-Fi plug-in. To install decompress the archive and place the wfplugin.ak4 file in the __aio/plugin directory. 

Cheats can be updated via Wi-Fi in AKAIO. It requires the Wi-Fi to be set up in the DS firmware (by using a game that connects to Wi-Fi). The USRCHEAT.DAT update can then be found at Start > More > Wifi Update. AKAIO will then automatically download and uncompress the newest cheat database. 

The current loaders for the AK+, AK2/AK2I, and R.P.G. can also be downloaded via the Wi-Fi update section. 

A nice feature of the Wi-Fi updater is the option to check "What's New" before deciding to update by setting Get WhatsNew.txt to Enable in the Wi-Fi Update window. 

R.P.G. owners can update to the latest "savelist.bin" via Wi-Fi by selecting the "savelist.bin" button in the Wi-Fi Update options window

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...