Hacking Just modded my switch. I can't figure how to dump my carts on SD card to play them.

psyko_chewbacca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I just got around to modding my Switch.

Installed Sthetix HATS pack onto my SD card, followed the guides to setup emuMMC, backup Nand and all that stuff.
I'm ready to go.
No further setup was made.

Now, all I would like to do is to take my game carts and install them onto the SD card so I don't need to shuffle around game carts to play my games.
I cannot figure out how to make it work...

I tried with DBI Installer to "Install title from Gamecard" and select SD as target destination.
The game copies just fine and it shows up in the list of games on Switch's main menu. However, when I try to launch it, it throws an error 2155-8007 and that's the end of it.
I read online that you basically require a "ticket" matching your game to make it work. I don't see a ticket for it. I installed Tinfoil especially for this and the "ticket" section is empty...

Obsivouly there is something I'm not doing right. I've been having a hard time finding information on how to backup your game carts on your switch. Most info out there is for piracy-focused solutions usually involving sourcing your games online. I just want to dump and install my game carts on my modded Switch.

Thanks

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi,

I just got around to modding my Switch.

Installed Sthetix HATS pack onto my SD card, followed the guides to setup emuMMC, backup Nand and all that stuff.
I'm ready to go.
No further setup was made.

Now, all I would like to do is to take my game carts and install them onto the SD card so I don't need to shuffle around game carts to play my games.
I cannot figure out how to make it work...

I tried with DBI Installer to "Install title from Gamecard" and select SD as target destination.
The game copies just fine and it shows up in the list of games on Switch's main menu. However, when I try to launch it, it throws an error 2155-8007 and that's the end of it.
I read online that you basically require a "ticket" matching your game to make it work. I don't see a ticket for it. I installed Tinfoil especially for this and the "ticket" section is empty...

Obsivouly there is something I'm not doing right. I've been having a hard time finding information on how to backup your game carts on your switch. Most info out there is for piracy-focused solutions usually involving sourcing your games online. I just want to dump and install my game carts on my modded Switch.

Thanks
In order to dump your Physical Cartridges to install on your Modded Console, YOU NEED TO RUN THE NXDumpTool homebrew ( https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/releases ) to create XCI and related files, then you can use that files to install on your (Emu)NAND using DBI.

Reactions: laz305 and BigOnYa

arck15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone suggest where can I get an ready-to-go switch or help me with what to lookout for when buying one off the e-bay? I don't wanna drop $250+ on a console and buying something that won't dump my cartridges :-(

Reactions: SylverReZ

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone suggest where can I get an ready-to-go switch or help me with what to lookout for when buying one off the e-bay? I don't wanna drop $250+ on a console and buying something that won't dump my cartridges :-(
eBay, maybe not post the question twice. Wait until somebody responds.

Reactions: impeeza

arck15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searched for listings that say unpatched or check the serial numbers
Sorry I didn't mention this before. I'm not planning on performing the modding myself. I was referring more to a Switch already that can run CFW so I can run NXdumpTool on it and dump my cartridges.

Reactions: impeeza

Nextria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry I didn't mention this before. I'm not planning on performing the modding myself. I was referring more to a Switch already that can run CFW so I can run NXdumpTool on it and dump my cartridges.
If its just for dumping your cartridges i would buy a Switch lite,
look on ebay for "switch lite picofly" you will get a couple.

if it has a chip it just a case of setting up the SD card, what is basically copying some files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OmDRetro @ OmDRetro:
    @Xdqwerty HM...

If the cat girl leaves, my kokoro dies a little.

If I piss off the cat grill friend, I get no food and he's likely to grill me.

There's just no winning here 😂
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @OmDRetro, good point
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Anyone play Little Kitty, Big City?
    My kitty was watching me play. <3 <3 <3
    its a game that came out a few days ago. Its on Game Pass too.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, but what is the game about?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Never heard of it. Any good?
    You control a kitten. You fall out the window and have to make your way back home. Solve some light puzzles, do cat things like knock stuff over and steal things, trip people up when theyre walking, pounce on birds, complete goals/tasks etc. in the process of getting back to your home.
    +1
    I think ones enjoyment would depend on how much a person loves cats. :)
    +1
    Theres my kitty watching me play.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I'm a cat person so this game must be for me. :D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, sounds kinda neat
    @SylverReZ It's short but adorable imo. Im a HUGE cat lover.Can be completed in a couple of hours if just going for the main goals. But can be stretched out a good deal by exploring and doing everything there is to do and see.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed... +1