kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I myself am a frequent Kaillera user, for those who don't know, kaillera is a plugin for most emulators available to allow you to play VS games of your favourit MAME, Nes, Snes, N64, PSX etc games over a network of private servers.

Would it be possible for this service, or one similar to be ported and used in the emulators on the wii that are already available once they run games at full speeds and such?

kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well enabling such services would be a huge huge asset, you'd open up 10's of thousands of games to be played and enjoyed online just as all the next gen games are!
But yes, i guess it depends on the difficultyxworth factor.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's very worth it but it would be better if they could put in place 3 modes for it. 1) that uses the Wii message board. 2) One that is very similar to the PC setup and. 3) just for giggles, one that has a friend code system. I dont know about everyone else but there's something charming about friend codes. They feel like I'm trading Pokemon
smile.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Let's see you try coding something in ANY FUCKING LANGUAGE puss ass. Better yet, upload a video of yourself pulling your head out your ass. It would be more entertaining, AND I wouldn't regret wasting my time with you again.

go retard go

in other words; you're an idiot.

inb4 report/delete/etc
lol
hate2.gif

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kaillera was just bad. PERIOD. I mean, sure, I'll show appreciation since 0746's work was derived from it, but it is what it is. If someone was planning to code this for the Wii, I hope they have a lobby hosted from a server, then allow P2P connection for game play.

kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, P2P connection is already supported by the latest Kaillera, i don't see why it's bad? I can play games at full speed over hundreds of servers, while rarely desynching.
And Shiro, i don't think he meant any harm and you overreacted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a...