Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a PS3 this Christmas, and I'm obviously getting some games as well. I'm having a hard time deciding between Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, though, so I figured I'd get some other people's opinions.

The campaign modes of both games is really what my decision is based on. I know I'll get solid multiplayer from both. So for the people that have played both games, could you give me your opinion on which campaign is better, and give the similarities and differences between both? Also, I want to know how good the story is for both games. I love a game with a great story!!

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm going to have to go with Resistance 2, the storyline on Resistance 2 was amazing, breathtaking and just damn right awesome, can't say the same for Killzone 2 however, felt REALLY repetitive, like everything just looked the same, kind of "dull" graphics if you get what i mean, (kind of like world at War, just makes you feel a bit depressed.) hasn't really got the "Whoa" factor, only reason i kept on with the story after the first act was for the trophies, wasn't too impressed on the multi-player either to be honest, just didn't feel up-to the standards that it should of been based on the amount of hype this got. Resistance on the other hand... Where to start... Story was one of the best i'd played in years (Excluding MGS4 of course.) Wasn't so short as Killzone's was, took some knuckled down days to complete it, don't need to have played Resistance 1 to understand the story, could say the same about Killzone 1 though. Multiplayer in Resistance was pretty damn sexy.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Resistance 2 for me just out weighs KZ2

Both games are good, but if you really want to put your money down its Resistance.

Can't really say much about the multiplayer, i never tried it. :l But you will like the game itself.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Resistance 2 FTW, the story was great IMO but I really loved the multiplayer and it has splitscreen coop even better!
nayps3.gif

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Both games are awesome, and Killzone 2 has 32 player online.
But then again, Resistance 2 is good too, and i think its much better on singleplayer and coop.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Played them both and i prefer killzone 2 mainly for online which is much deeper and intensive! too bad that in resistance 2 you once could have 2 players online each with his own progress, a feature that was killed later on so now only only the first player is able to progress.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Killzone 2 walks all over resistance 2 online and single player, I own them both.

Killzone 2 online play is awesome it's up there with cod mw2 online play for me.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
thegame07 said:
Killzone 2 walks all over resistance 2 online and single player, I own them both.

Killzone 2 online play is awesome it's up there with cod mw2 online play for me.
Fanboy much?

Also, another thing to note, Resistance has 30 v 30 online matches.
For reference, i took back my copy of Killzone after i completed the SP, only reason it got hyped up was because it was Sony's product and they hyped it up everywhere.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
@ Luke_C - Thats his opinion, how is he a fanboy? I disagree with him 100%, but still.

OP, whatever you do, don't get KZ2. My god was that game awful, and IMO, a complete waste of $65. It was garbage and the only thing some people praise about it is the graphics, even those I found to be a bit bland.

Resistance 2 is better, but not by much. Why don't you get Uncharted 2?

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamefly had a copy of the two games used for 17 bucks each last week. Pretty good deal so I snagged both copies.

The campaign in Killzone 2 is lacking compared to Resistance's campaign. But both online line gameplay is fun.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
@ Luke_C - Thats his opinion, how is he a fanboy? I disagree with him 100%, but still.

OP, whatever you do, don't get KZ2. My god was that game awful, and IMO, a complete waste of $65. It was garbage and the only thing some people praise about it is the graphics, even those I found to be a bit bland.

I'm asking for a lot of games for Christmas. Here's my lineup of the games I'm asking for:

Uncharted 2
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2 or Resistance 2

Basically 4 games is the limit that I can ask for, and I'm getting the other 3 games for sure, but I need to decide between these two. In the end, it really comes down to which I'll get first, because eventually I'll go out and get the other one anyways
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
only reason it got hyped up was because it was Sony's product and they hyped it up everywhere.
actually it was because of the gfx

and it does look so dam good in HD if I do say so myself

@op, there is a killzone 2 demo from the PSN store, so you can try it out and see if you like it

though I will say resistance 2 is very good

also did you get uncharted 1 yet?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:

The 'L and C' in my name for starters isn't capitalised, and he's saying Resistance 2 is rubbish because he probably doesn't have it for starters or just prefers KZ2.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luke_c said:
thegame07 said:

Fanboy much?

Also, another thing to note, Resistance has 30 v 30 online matches.
For reference, i took back my copy of Killzone after i completed the SP, only reason it got hyped up was because it was Sony's product and they hyped it up everywhere.

QUOTE(luke_c @ Dec 12 2009, 12:11 PM)
The 'L and C' in my name for starters isn't capitalised, and he's saying Resistance 2 is rubbish because he probably doesn't have it for starters or just prefers KZ2.
Did you even read his post you quoted? He says he owns both of them. And if he "just prefers" Killzone 2, I don't see why he's not entitled to his opinion without being called a fanboy.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually really enjoyed KZ2, found it really fun and the storyline wasn't that bad. The ending was a little "errm... wut?" though.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Resistance 2 for me.

I've got both and to be honest with you I did stop playing Res 2 for KZ2 for a while. But now that the dust has settled I'd play Res 2 any day over KZ2.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
luke_c said:

Oh boo-hoo. Get over yourself. Go back and read his post before trolling people.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well I have both games and to be honest both are pretty darn awesome.

Why limit yourself to just one of them? They are both pretty cheap now, and if you get pre-owned copies they will cost far less then one brand new game.

(also stop bickering over nothing guys for Gods sake)

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Well I have both games and to be honest both are pretty darn awesome.

Why limit yourself to just one of them? They are both petty cheap now, and if you get pre-owned copies they will cost far less then one brand new game.

(also stop bickering over nothing guys for Gods sake)
Yeah they are cheap, I got them both for £20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.