Status
Not open for further replies.

Gogetagt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone know if there is english persone on the 2ch forum ? Can someone let me know with a pm what is this 2ch forum that i always listen to ihih never went there ihih i would like to see if i can find a collaboration there

mesact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vartan_Le_Ciel said:
Ok found ... listen i'm watching the file and i see for example :
disc0:/ etc etc ...
we all know i think that the memory stick command is ms0:/
why don't we try changing all the disc0:/ in ms0:/ ?

try, even if I think that it's just to easy... but who knows!
I SAID THAT EITHER ON THIS FORUM OR THAT FORUM, BUT NOBODY LISTENS TO ME LOL T_T

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gogetagt said:
Ok found ... listen i'm watching the file and i see for example :
disc0:/ etc etc ...
we all know i think that the memory stick command is ms0:/
why don't we try changing all the disc0:/ in ms0:/ ?

Wait Wait Wait .... FATMS_CHECK ULJM05600 (the disc id of kingdom hearts ) .... what if we also try to change the id with one of an original UMD we have ?
I tried switching all disc0:/ to ms0:/. It didn't work. For one, doing that would take up twice as much space. You'd need the PSP_GAME folder on the root of your memory stick, and it's about as big as the ISO. Even when I did that, it wouldn't get to the auto-save screen, and I modified an EBOOT that got to the auto-save screen. When I did that, the home menu showed up in English instead of Japanese, though
blink.gif

I posted this a few hours ago too.

And mesact, CAPS LOCK IS NOT NECESSARY TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS T_T

Gogetagt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i was thinking the same too ... have you changed the game id ?
We just need to let the psp think that inside our psp the umd is the ULJM 05600

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Gogetagt said:
i was thinking the same too ... have you changed the game id ?
We just need to let the psp think that inside our psp the umd is the ULJM 05600

FATMS_CHECK ULJM05600
I think this only means the PSP checks for a savefile...

Gogetagt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know that ... I do with an example so maybe i will explain better
I have SBK08 in my psp ... now if i change the Birth By Sleep iso and i can modify the call about the id and changing
1) the id inside the eboot of birth by sleep with the one of sbk08

2) all the entries that are disc0:/ with ms0:/

3) extracting all the game datas from the iso and putting them in the ms like it is writed in the eboot ?

The game starts, controlls the id of the disk and is the same of birth by sleep, the eboot tells to go load the game files in PSP\ETC ETC.... maybe it can be a way

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the developers of this game wanted to make sure that this game wasn't one of the games they wanted to be pirated immediately. I sort of saw it coming, as soon as the game was released and leaked, that some type of protection would be administered. I would imagine that this was will be shot down by hacking enthusiasts within the next few weeks.

Blazekid3

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Gogetagt said:
I have SBK08 in my psp ... now if i change the Birth By Sleep iso and i can modify the call about the id and changing

3) extracting all the game datas from the iso and putting them in the ms like it is writed in the eboot ?

The game starts, controlls the id of the disk and is the same of birth by sleep, the eboot tells to go load the game files in PSP\ETC ETC.... maybe it can be a way
good luck with this
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gogetagt said:

I see what you're saying. The problem with changing disc0 to ms0 is space. The BBS ISO is around 1.5GB in size, so putting the contents of the ISO on the MS would take up about the same amount of space.

I think we could redirect the game to load the modules and stuff from the ISO, but the EBOOT doesn't have enough space to change this. Only two characters are gained by changing disc0 to ms0.

Besides, the problem isn't that the anti-piracy stops the ISO from being loaded. The problem is that the anti-piracy cuts off memory stick access for an instant, thus crashing the game. I'm assuming that the anti-piracy cuts of memory stick access for an instant while loading the UMD. This is why people have been able to run the ISO while having the UMD in the drive.

xxJesusChristss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2ch members won't cooporate because they doesn't like registration, and almost of them can't write their actual thinking in English. Of course some of them like me would cooporate if they want some information.
But anyway I'll tell their progress, I think this is good enough.

DokiDoki98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, guy,s, I've been watching the progress on patching BbS for awhile, and it seems that it's come to a point where everyone is watching everyone else, I say we go over to 2ch, and THAT site, and collaborate to make a patch...if 2ch, GBAtemp, and THAT site work together, a patch will probably be released within a week

mesact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
specialjerm said:
Gogetagt said:

I see what you're saying. The problem with changing disc0 to ms0 is space. The BBS ISO is around 1.5GB in size, so putting the contents of the ISO on the MS would take up about the same amount of space.

I think we could redirect the game to load the modules and stuff from the ISO, but the EBOOT doesn't have enough space to change this. Only two characters are gained by changing disc0 to ms0.

Besides, the problem isn't that the anti-piracy stops the ISO from being loaded. The problem is that the anti-piracy cuts off memory stick access for an instant, thus crashing the game. I'm assuming that the anti-piracy cuts of memory stick access for an instant while loading the UMD. This is why people have been able to run the ISO while having the UMD in the drive.
which makes complete sense. I wish they someone would try to keep it from doing that. But I don't tink anyone will try that, but they might. If someone has already done that, then my bad.

Joshid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the situation? The topic has doubled from like 40 to like 80, closed then reopened, did a patch come out or what's exact situation.?

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DokiDoki98 said:
okay, guy,s, I've been watching the progress on patching BbS for awhile, and it seems that it's come to a point where everyone is watching everyone else, I say we go over to 2ch, and THAT site, and collaborate to make a patch...if 2ch, GBAtemp, and THAT site work together, a patch will probably be released within a week
Most of the people watching have hardly any idea of what to do (Myself included), if any. 2ch seems to have the highest chance of giving something because they seem to know what they're doing to an extent. The people on that site and here that are doing anything (Myself included), are just messing with the EBOOT.

In this case teamwork =/= Progress. A bunch of people with hardly any idea about what they're doing can't produce something of the same caliber as one person who really knows what they're doing.

Gogetagt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe if we can make in contact the best hackers of GBATEMP ,2CH and that site and try to create an OFFICIAL PATCH GROUP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...