Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Features Playable Cutscenes

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Kingdom-Hearts-3D.jpg

A recent interview with Tetsuya Nomura of Square Enix has revealed that the story in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance won’t be drawn out. This will be done by having a level of interactivity during cut scenes, so in a way they’ll be playable. This is how Nomura explained it:

Though the story is important to fans as shown by the results of the [Famitsu] survey, it won’t be drawn-out. Not meaning that we’ve decreased the number of cutscenes, but having each one explained one by one reduces the tempo of the game, so we’re introducing a new system to make up for it.

The ‘new system’ refers to the playable parts.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

Personally I love the title of this KH game, and this playable cutscene part sounds intriguing
closedeyes.gif

Before newbie people ask on what console/handheld it is on - It's a 3DS Exclusive

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I still remember the long ass cutscene in Kingdom Hearts 2.
Or it might be 1, forgot.

This is happening in FFXIII Versus as well

>maybe your decisions will affect the story
Ahaha, there will be ten endings.
ALL SHIT.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Playable cutscenes: isn`t that called QTE nowadays
tongue.gif

But seriously, I love to see what they mean by that, since there isn`t much you can do in a cutscene, besides maybe choosing things and the previously mentioned QTEs...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I saw this earlier but thought the tiny bit of info wasn't worth a thread. Much less just this.
Might as well put all the shit.

I find this pretty interesting.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
the only thing i dislike about dream drop distance is that they're (yet again) using KH1 Sora and Riku. I mean, they're cooler in their KH2 appearances and this is chronologically after KH2.

It's not like Re:Coded where Sora is only a memory, that has a reason for being KH1 sora

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Range-TE said:
the only thing i dislike about dream drop distance is that they're (yet again) using KH1 Sora and Riku. I mean, they're cooler in their KH2 appearances and this is chronologically after KH2.

It's not like Re:Coded where Sora is only a memory, that has a reason for being KH1 sora
Nomura said ddd will be based on the data ansem the wise put inside sora in the year he was asleep so his appearance will be like that for some time he said that they will get new cloths probably near middle or end

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
good idea put some QTE to keep eyes open for the storyline in this series is one, if not the most awkward i ever came across

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
lithium210 said:
Cant wait for this game.. as long as its not cancelled.
If that happened, Squeenix would literally implode.

KH is their golden cash cow.

Hate to contradict, but world wide, Dragon Quest is still the money maker for Square-Enix. Just wait until DQ X hits and everyone with a wii dusts it off to play.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
impizkit said:
Slyakin said:
lithium210 said:

Hate to contradict, but world wide, Dragon Quest is still the money maker for Square-Enix. Just wait until DQ X hits and everyone with a wii dusts it off to play.

That's because each DW/DQ installment is amazing RPG awesomeness. DQIX was easily one of the best DS games, while DQVIII is pretty high up there on the list of my favorite PS2 games.

chad13dale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think it would be via QTE. i'm guessing they might make it somewhat like the last battle in 358/2 days where the cutscene/secret movie in kh1 was integrated into a playable boss battle. I'm guessing we'll see more of that, or they'd throw dialogues in the heat of the battle. but then again it would be distracting. i'd want the first idea. i'm not too keen with the idea of QTEs outside of battles. The gimmick button in kh2 was awesome and the finishers in re-coded were good. but if there were storyline based QTEs it would somewhat... kill the user experience.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
impizkit said:
Slyakin said:
lithium210 said:

That's because each DW/DQ installment is amazing RPG awesomeness. DQIX was easily one of the best DS games, while DQVIII is pretty high up there on the list of my favorite PS2 games.
And DQ is WAY more popular in Japan the anywhere else. When a new game is released it's like Christmas.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who isn't excited for this?

I love me some KH, but, well, the Nintendo games have been subpar. Gonna wait to see how this one fares...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2