OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
http://ds.ign.com/articles/780/780023p1.html

so there you have it, the retail versions of the 2 new pokemon games have already been sent out for review purposes.
wouldn't that actually make it quite possible to find the games leaked soon, too?
considering how many magazines and online review sites exist, it shouldnt surprise me if someone puts a copy online, too
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sure Craig from IGN is jumping at the chance to dump Diamond and Pearl for us...

Game review websites get early copies of games all the time and usually they do not get dumped before retail. The early dumps you see are from copies that arrive early at game stores and are held until release. Sometimes a store clerk might dump a copy for a release group.

Don't expect Diamond and Pearl before it reaches retail.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
"Game review websites get early copies of games all the time and usually they do not get dumped before retail. The early dumps you see are from copies that arrive early at game stores and are held until release. Sometimes a store clerk might dump a copy for a release group."

Final Fantasy XII was dumped by someone from a review site a month before it's release ate.

adzix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
"Game review websites get early copies of games all the time and usually they do not get dumped before retail. The early dumps you see are from copies that arrive early at game stores and are held until release. Sometimes a store clerk might dump a copy for a release group."

Final Fantasy XII was dumped by someone from a review site a month before it's release ate.

exactly, and there are more examples like that.
plus, pokemon is such a HUGE game that it'll be sent out to most stores anytime soon in order to make sure that with the official release date anyone can get his copy.
so it might not be some of the fags from ign, but i am pretty sure this game will leak before the street date.

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cmon the ameircan version sucks u can already tell from the videos
1. why is the ds card not shiny as the japanese one?
2. why do they bring in words like "jesus" in the game text even though it did not appear in the original japanese one, etc.? (eg. "rival: oh jeez! forgot something" vs. "rival: wasure mono!" (= "rival: my forgotten things!")
this is not a translation, this is more like a "lets make the dialog sound cooler because american kids are cooler than japanese kids" nintendo america screwed up again but those new pokemon names are the worst. ill stick with the japanese game, its much better and has dialogs the way the original developers want them to be.
3. why is the battle font on the touchscreen so hard to read? the original one was much bigger and clearer and dont tell me its as readable because they tried to copy the japanese style (and messed it up)

edit: yeah ,shut up shut up shut up i hope this game gets no release

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
2. why do they bring in words like "jesus" in the game text even though it did not appear in the original japanese one, etc.? (eg. "rival: oh jeez! forgot something" vs. "rival: wasure mono!" (= "rival: my forgotten things!")
this is not a translation, this is more like a "lets make the dialog sound cooler because american kids are cooler than japanese kids" nintendo america screwed up again but those new pokemon names are the worst. ill stick with the japanese game, its much better and has dialogs the way the original developers want them to be.

Because translation and localization isn't as easy as you think.

EDIT : I reread your example, and your translation doesn't make any sense at all. but I suppose the purpose of your post was to mention you can read japanese, and not really complaining about anything.

adzix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
shut up shut up shut up

Yep, it's started and it wont stop until after the games are released :'(

you dont realize there is a way of NOT reading that post, right?
the topic clearly states what it is about, and if you find that so annoying why bother reading and posting?
sounds like a caste of 'no life'
oh and enjoy spending even more time coming up with witty replies now.
you rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==