gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PixelForce just came out with a remake/demake of the Left4Dead game and turned it into a 8-bit NES game. It is pretty cool. Right now you can only play using the keyboard which sucks. But its still pretty impressive.

I know this might not be the correct forum, but I was wondering if anyone can hack this new game and turn it into a ROM file that plays for the wii? I am sure other members of this forum would be very interested in this. If it cant be turned into a ROM file, is there any other way to play this game for the wii?

You can also read about it at destructoid:

http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-de-...59651.phtml#ext

Here is a video of the game play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTTAvw0-Bms

Here is the link to the file

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/pixelfo...game/34405.html

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Let's make a quick Summary:

-No Source
-.exe-File

=Forget it.

No way. You can ask the Coder if he wants to pack it into a SNES-Rom, and that would it be. Currently there isn't any way.

gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frown.gif
thats what I thought. I just thought maybe someone could do some magic and somehow come up with a way for it to work.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be awesome to play on the wii with some friends. Bring back some old memories.

Im going to try and get of hold of the programmer who made this game to see if he would be willing to post the source code. Who knows, might be a long shot. But if we got the source code for the game, is it possible to turn it into a ROM or possible a homebrew game.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
gamer220 said:
frown.gif
thats what I thought. I just thought maybe someone could do some magic and somehow come up with a way for it to work.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be awesome to play on the wii with some friends. Bring back some old memories.

Im going to try and get of hold of the programmer who made this game to see if he would be willing to post the source code. Who knows, might be a long shot. But if we got the source code for the game, is it possible to turn it into a ROM or possible a homebrew game.
Look, I was also waiting for this, and it's a great game. I wish you luck, though, I don't belive the Source Code will be released. Modifications would show up (a 4 Player-Modification for example), and this wasn't the sense of the Creator. I hope that it will be released for VC, but this seems even more unlikely. Right now, play it on the PC.

But, if the Source get's released, or the Game get's ported to a NES-Rom, it's for shure possible. A NES-ROM would be even easier, because you could inject it into a VC or play it with an Emu.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the creator doesn't want to release the source, you may want to try to convince him to port it to the WII.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
But, if the Source get's released, or the Game get's ported to a NES-Rom, it's for shure possible. A NES-ROM would be even easier, because you could inject it into a VC or play it with an Emu.

or you could use the source and make it dol file.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's a computer game, ie nothing to do with being a NES ROM. That said, I suppose a port could happen if the guy released the source code, maybe. Hard to say though. You can't just magically make computer games into NES ROMs though, as much as they might look like NES games.
tongue.gif

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I played some of it today, it's very well done. They keyboard controls are okay but I changed them with xpadder to my gamepad controls, feels much better playing with a gamepad in your hand. Definately going on my MAME cabinet
smile.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's no NES in hell! They should at least maintain the same palette of colors. The animations (framerate) is too fluid and also it isn't pixelated anywhere.

gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I emailed the guy and so far no response. I don't want to bug him but maybe if we get enough of a demand for it he would provide the source or just port it to the wii. His email is in the read-me file in the download for the game.

The guy said he used the same palette of colors and sounds that were available for the NES at the time. But hey its still awesome and is def a game I wish I had when I was a kid

Never used dos-box before. Did anyone try to see if it works with it?

Is there any applications for the wii that can boot up an .exe file like this? I'm not a programmer so i dunno if its even possible to do so. Any programmers out there know a way to do this? Im guessing he wont want to provide the code or port it to the wii. So maybe this is our only hope is to figure how to play the .exe on the wii somehow.

Lets make this happen! lol. So we can finally brag that we can play left4dead for the wii.
smile.gif

Here is the guys website who made the game:

http://www.ericruthgames.com/

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hatredg0d said:
Blue-K said:

or you could use the source and make it dol file.
...did you just say that if you just had the source, you could use devkitPPC and instantly make it a DOL for Wii?
Ha. Good luck with that.

Learn some programming basics and try again later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==