Gaming Legend Of Zelda Wii U version question

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been playing The Skyward Sword for the last 24hrs (on and off) and at the moment Im having a zelda weekend. Ive been googling the wii u and zelda and from what I have seen from the technical demo, the wii u looks absolutely brilliant. My question is, will the wii u version of Zelda be the Skyward Sword OR a completely new LOZ game??? I would like to think that the technical demo was a hint. Cheers guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Completely new game, the only Twilight Princess was released on two platforms to improve the Wii launch portfolio.
Don't expect it for a while though, this is the first console Zelda in 5 years.

EDIT: Can a mod move this to the right place :D

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Completely new game, the only Twilight Princess was released on two platforms to improve the Wii launch portfolio.
Don't expect it for a while though, this is the first console Zelda in 5 years.

EDIT: Can a mod move this to the right place :D

All good things come to he who waits I guess. Yeah it took 5 years for the skyward sword to reach us so my guess is that the next loz game is still a few years off. Apoligies for posting in the wrong forum, sorry guys

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind you the demo was only a tech demo and not a game. Some tech demos become games eventually but plenty of them just sit as tech demos.

I mean of course there will be a Zelda on the Wii U, there's been a Zelda on every Nintendo console since forever (I think maybe minus the Virtual Boy, but who counts that anyway?). Just don't expect what you saw in the tech demo to be exactly what will be on the final Zelda game. It could be any art style.

But I doubt it'll be Skyward Sword. The Wii version already requires a WM+, something I've heard people mindlessly bitch about already. Making people buy a whole set of Wiimotes and accessories to play a HD version of it would be silly, and don't expect me to start swinging around that tablet controller.

Reactions: 1 person

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mind you the demo was only a tech demo and not a game. Some tech demos become games eventually but plenty of them just sit as tech demos.

I mean of course there will be a Zelda on the Wii U, there's been a Zelda on every Nintendo console since forever (I think maybe minus the Virtual Boy, but who counts that anyway?). Just don't expect what you saw in the tech demo to be exactly what will be on the final Zelda game. It could be any art style.

But I doubt it'll be Skyward Sword. The Wii version already requires a WM+, something I've heard people mindlessly bitch about already. Making people buy a whole set of Wiimotes and accessories to play a HD version of it would be silly, and don't expect me to start swinging around that tablet controller.

I think the wiimote + works really well with the skyward sword and Ive not encountered any problems with it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the wiimote + works really well with the skyward sword and Ive not encountered any problems with it.

I was talking about the necessity of having one, not the controls themselves. At this point you should already have a WM+ for Red Steel 2 alone, and there's a few other games that use it.

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only issue I had with the WM+ was to recalibrate it every now and then for pointing with the bow/slingshot/bug... It's fine for swordplay tought...

And BTW, we can still have a WW style game after this tech demo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One gram of felony? +1