Homebrew libogc from Hackmii vs normal libogc

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played around a little bit with libogc (official version) but was reading that the guys over at Hackmii have a version with some usefull patches. In order to get the version from Hackmii you should use the git. I tried getting libogc from their git (git://hackmii.com/home/ogcgit/libogc) but I was unlucky and got the error "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly" (using msysgit). Anybody knows if their version of git is offline or where to get it?

Since the version from Hackmii seems unavailable I was wondering what exactly were the patches from the guys over at Hackmii? Is it worth trying to get that version or are most of the patches currently available in the official release? Any thought on this?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
the SVN version at sourceforge is the most-up-to-date version of libogc, it includes all recent patches and more fixe

the libogc git has been closed for unknown reasons

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The hackmii git version was the only one with SDHC support until december 2008, and then the official got SDHC support too. I don't know about more differences, but the hackmii git version seems to be offline. The official version has broken usb storage support(usb storage is dead if you try to use it before and after a IOS reload), if the hackmii version has the same issue, i don't know.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
be sure to check for the SVN version, not CVS ! CVS version is seriously outdated
http://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/viewv...gc/?sortby=date

QUOTE said:
usbstorage.c 3256 5 weeks shagkur applied patches from SF patchtracker
usb.c 3256 5 weeks shagkur applied patches from SF patchtracker

I don't know if that fix the bug you mentionned Wiipower
in all case, usbstorage is working perfectly fine for me (but I don't use any IOS_Reload... no need for that)

from what I "heard", the git version has been discontinued since marcan does not want to work with libogc anymore
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1