Gaming List of games that needs the arm7-fix.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's 3 that I know don't work with the R4 without the ARM7 fix:

Disney Princess Magical Jewels (EUR)
Simple DS Series Vol.21 - THE Fuhyou (J)
Ben 10 Protector of Earth (EUR) (just dumped)

In all three cases the bin from Sim City (J) fixed them.

*bump*

Worms 2 Open Warfare (US) also still needs the ARM7 fix as of Firmware v1.11

scrub6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to say thanks for the arm7.bin. I've had no success getting it to work by stealing it from other games. Now if the stupid lazy ass pussy ds-x devs released a fix I wouldn't be in this mess. But until then, Thanks!!

kondorish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After hours of messing about trying to figure out a way to fix a file without resorting to windows i finally managed it. I had tried the GUI utils first but it just got to me and I gave up on them.

How i got an arm7 fix working in ubuntu linux and wine
I used the Arm7_fix.zip for this, and wine of course.
Not sure if it makes a difference but at the moment I also have mono for windows installed on my wine.

I tried to make a nice bash file, but alas it as having none of it (i am rubbish at these things and amazed i got it working) so if your going to do it then your either going to have to wait, or write one yourself as it is so simple to cut and paste I can not really be bothered that much, but i have left it as it is incase anyone wants to pick it up and finish it off. There are some other lines to the original bat file which would be nice if someone could put them back in, but this is the bits you need. i left the remove and make dirs in because it felt cleaner. Anyway, read the readme files in the original arm7_fix.zip it explains everything else.

I have put a # at the start of each line, this should help you in cut-n-pasting..obviously your going to have to remove the #'s as with it in place nothing much will happen. Your also going to have to make sure you are in the actual arm7_fix folder too using terminal and cd commands as things could get a bit messy if you just start firing off these commands anywhere but once there, with your donar and patient files in place, cuttng and pasting these lines should do the trick.

Many Many thanks to Bad-Ad84, CougRAWR and Go185, I would not have had a clue without you.

#rm -rf DONOR_UNPACK

#rm -rf PATIENT_UNPACK

#mkdir DONOR_UNPACK

#mkdir PATIENT_UNPACK

#wine ndstool -v -x ./donor/*.nds -7 DONOR_UNPACK/arm7.bin

#wine ndstool -v -x ./patient/*.nds -9 ./PATIENT_UNPACK/arm9.bin -y9 PATIENT_UNPACK/y9.bin -y7 PATIENT_UNPACK/y7.bin -d PATIENT_UNPACK/data -y PATIENT_UNPACK/overlay -t PATIENT_UNPACK/banner.bin -h PATIENT_UNPACK/header.bin

#wine ndstool -c fixed.nds -9 PATIENT_UNPACK/arm9.bin -7 DONOR_UNPACK/arm7.bin -y9 PATIENT_UNPACK/y9.bin -y7 PATIENT_UNPACK/y7.bin -d PATIENT_UNPACK/data -y PATIENT_UNPACK/overlay -t PATIENT_UNPACK/banner.bin -h PATIENT_UNPACK/header.bin

#rm -rf DONOR_UNPACK

#rm -rf PATIENT_UNPACK

By the way, for Ben10, i used what i had on the computer which was "deal or no deal" the arm fix worked fine using it.
On a R4 btw.

iq_132

Trophies
Website
neosource.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's a simple little arm7 fix program I wrote. It should make this process
a little easier for everyone.
ARM7FIXER

The source is included (for those of you not using Windows
wink.gif
).

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I take a break from gbatemp for a while and I come back to find that the arm7-injection method is still needed!

rofl2.gif

I have an Acekard RPG now, haven't needed to arm7-inject anything yet.

antigirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Contra also requires a arm7.bin fix

and games that require these fixes cannot be played WIFI multiplayer !!
i tried donkey/contra after the fix with my gf and it wont work [both had patched roms and r4]

any work around?

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Contra also requires a arm7.bin fix

and games that require these fixes cannot be played WIFI multiplayer !!
i tried donkey/contra after the fix with my gf and it wont work [both had patched roms and r4]

any work around?

That's not true. Worms 2 patched works fine on wifi. I found that the real cartridge works much better though (on wifi), with less lag, I dunno why.

antigirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well donkey kong leads to a BLACK screen on multiplayer and contra gives an actual error and positive its because of the fix

antigirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i was on R4DS 1.08 and the following did not work until AFTER i patched them

Donkey Kong Jungle Climber
Contra 4
Mortal Kombat 4

and multiplayer WFC and local DOES NOT WORK after patching [for R4DS]

unway i updated to 1.11 and used rom files without the patch and they work and work online aswell.

WongD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still using M3DS firmware 1.02, do I need to update the firmware in order to play new release games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I gotta go to the store. L8er guys