Gaming London 3DS StreetPass Meetup 16.04.11 (TOMORROW!)

jpxdude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about the latest 3DS Street Pass happening in London tomorrow near the London Eye! It has happening from Midday in the Jubilee Gardens closeby, and if the weather turns bad, we're heading into the Namco Station which is very close as well. After 3pm, many will be moving to a pub off Oxford Street called Angel in the Fields. The link to the details of the event are here:

http://nintendoscene.com/2011/04/08/london...11-from-midday/

I went to the last one at Kings Cross, and managed to meet fellow GBA Temper, BlueStar, as well as Yoshinori Ono, the producer of Street Fighter 4 from Capcom! Even managed to get pictures, autographs, and my arse kicked by him at Super Street Fighter IV 3D
frown.gif

Anyway, just wanted to give you all a heads up, since this one is going to be a much bigger deal, as there are a few other meetup groups involved, maybe some other celebs etc might turn up!

Hope to catch some of you there tomorrow!

J
yaynds.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Oooh...might go to this one. Planned to go to the previous one but I had to attend a christening. Hopefully I'll see some 'tempers there
smile.gif

jpxdude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Turned out pretty good! Great day and loads of people in the morning! Had about 30+ hits plus managed to finally finish my Zelda pane. 1 block away from completing the Kirby pane, and in the 2nd to last room in Street Pass Quest! Didn't go to the pub event that followed but had fun and met some pretty cool peeps!

Discovered something pretty concerning though, in direct sunlight, the 3rd screen is very hard to see, and also the 3d effect is lost! Was very surprised by this...

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
jpxdude said:
Discovered something pretty concerning though, in direct sunlight, the 3rd screen is very hard to see, and also the 3d effect is lost! Was very surprised by this...
Well I finally took some people's advice and read the manual. It says a lot of fundamental stuff including no 3D effect in sunlight, setting brightness whilst playing a DS game, the advanced settings for 3DS camera, etc.

And grr...I couldn't come because of train closures.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Direct sunlight refracts light over the angles sides of the parallax barrier and makes both images to come in every angle, screwing the 3D, i had notice that as well or a few bus plays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...