Gaming Looking for the name of a GBA robot game

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
i never played metabots on gba so i cant give you an answer to that question
i might give it a shot later on

megamans games that i played on ds were crap, it didnt attract me that much
custom robo arena ds (no gba, the ds one is better), its awesome, the story line is similar to metabots(cartoon). the fights are in 3D and you can customize your robot by buying new parts for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ug0LjAtNE

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Medabots
4 versions (the "different" subversions (think pokemon red and blue) were nothing like demikids where a totally different game happened)

1) Medabots RPG- Only RPG to appear outside Japan.

2) Medabots RPG (shingata medarot)- more or less the same game as above although a far more "kiddy" appearance. Japanese only. I have toyed with the idea of a script port but I do not see the need when there are more pressing hacks to do.

3) medarot NAVI. RPG too with similar mechanics, a drastic tonal shift (more shonen than simple kids cartoon) from the other game and Japanese only. No translation I know of.

4) Medabots AX (medarot G in Japan). Platform fighting game (think Jump Ultimate stars but not as good and zoomed in quite a bit) and never one I really "got". Some quite like it though.

The RPG is based somewhere between the first and second series of the anime and is one of my guilty pleasures, my only gripe is despite there being hundreds of parts* they use a low number of preset combinations. Whether I redo it or not is up in the air right now.

*that probably made no sense to those that have not played it so in the game you get legs, head and two arms. The legs sort speed and terrain issues out while everything else allows a different attack.

You also have cubix (an isometric platformer (think GBA spyro)), I liked the cartoon but the game was somewhat dull.

Another similar game is robopon 2 and also worth a play.

If however you find the gamecube version I would like to hear your opinion on the subject as I never got around to playing it.

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember Metabots, I think there are two versions of it. a Metabee one, and some other Metabot. This was a pretty fun game, I am sure Metabots is what you're looking for.

EDIT: Looks above...oh yeah...that was what you're looking for, NVM.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're talking about Medabots AX and I'm like absolutely sure.

(If it was no RPG
tongue.gif
)

jaywilson

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Medabots
4 versions (the "different" subversions (think pokemon red and blue) were nothing like demikids where a totally different game happened)

1) Medabots RPG- Only RPG to appear outside Japan.

2) Medabots RPG (shingata medarot)- more or less the same game as above although a far more "kiddy" appearance. Japanese only. I have toyed with the idea of a script port but I do not see the need when there are more pressing hacks to do.

3) medarot NAVI. RPG too with similar mechanics, a drastic tonal shift (more shonen than simple kids cartoon) from the other game and Japanese only. No translation I know of.

4) Medabots AX (medarot G in Japan). Platform fighting game (think Jump Ultimate stars but not as good and zoomed in quite a bit) and never one I really "got". Some quite like it though.

The RPG is based somewhere between the first and second series of the anime and is one of my guilty pleasures, my only gripe is despite there being hundreds of parts* they use a low number of preset combinations. Whether I redo it or not is up in the air right now.

*that probably made no sense to those that have not played it so in the game you get legs, head and two arms. The legs sort speed and terrain issues out while everything else allows a different attack.

You also have cubix (an isometric platformer (think GBA spyro)), I liked the cartoon but the game was somewhat dull.

Another similar game is robopon 2 and also worth a play.

If however you find the gamecube version I would like to hear your opinion on the subject as I never got around to playing it.
wow! that was incredibly helpful! thank you
i found which one it was, but sadly it was no where near as fun as i remember

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack