Hacking M3 DS Real, and backing up GBA games and saves

carterman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my M3 DS Real's GBA support so far, but I have two probalos:

1. I've tried backing up my GBA games using GBA Backup Tool, but it ends up corrupting the GBA_Backup directory.
2. And oh yeah, the saves I backup using that or any other program don't work with my games I back up at all. So far I've tried Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Gunstar Super Heroes (I used a GBA program with EEPROM backup support - is there any NDS homebrew program that can backup EEPROM saves?), and Mario Golf Advance Tour - all saves not working. Now, I have a backup of Final Fantasy 6 that works with its save file, but I used some programs with my M3 Perfect CF to back that one up. But the others don't work.

Cliffnotes: I need help getting my GBA backups working with save file backups. HOW U DO IT?

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
When you wish to load the backup save you will need name the backup save to .sa1. Go into the GBA menu then hit Select and go sa1. > sav. This way the backup save will replace the default save. Of course backup all your saves first before doing this.

carterman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

Also, it appears that after running Chkdisk last night, the GBA Backup Tool is working fine. Just wish it did EEPROM saves too (gotta use Eepinator for that one, apparently)...but hey, if I have any more problems, I'll come yell at people here.
tongue.gif

Well, I can't use my Gunstar Super Heroes EEPROM save on the backup rom...help?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk