Hacking M3 Real GBA Pack

cutterjohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any specs on the GBA exp pack?

MB of RAM, SRAM?

Presumably it's like the ewin expansion pack and has no FLASH or RTC...

[EDIT]
Does it work with DSLinux? SNESemulDS? other programs that use RAM expansion?
[/EDIT]

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
No, The M3/G6DS Real expansion pack (GBA/RAM) does NOT work, as far as i know, with homebrew that make use of it (QuakeDS, ...)

It's not the same as EWIN Expansion pack, but it acts almost the same.

The GBA Expansion pack from M3 does not work with 3th party programs to flash GBA games to it, it only works till now with the M3/G6DS Real.

You can use the M3/G6DS real to flash GBA games to the EWIN Expansion pack through the GBA icon of the M3/G6DS Real, Just if it was a M3 GBA Expansion pack. But you can't use the EWIN GBA tool to flash GBA games to the M3 GBA Expansion pack

If you have, or Plan to buy a M3/G6DS Real and you DO have a M3 SD/MiniSD or Lite / G6Flash / G6Flash Lite you do NOT need to buy the GBA Expansion Pack, You can use any of those cards with the M3/G6DS Real as GBA/RAM Expansion pack.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use the M3/G6DS real to flash GBA games to the EWIN Expansion pack through the GBA icon of the M3/G6DS Real, Just if it was a M3 GBA Expansion pack. But you can't use the EWIN GBA tool to flash GBA games to the M3 GBA Expansion pack
Hey, I didn't know that! So in fact, the M3 Real Expansion Pack is the superiour one
smile.gif

cutterjohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know the hard tech specs, e.g. amount of and type of physical RAM present etc? That's the real crux of my interest ATM as I'm sure that the RAM exp lib will add support for those cards eventually if they didn't do anything stupid designwise. e.g. like the EZFIV Lite Deluxe where evn though is has 32MB PSRAM, DSLinux only detects/uses 16MB of it unless the wiki is incorrect...

[EDIT]
Along those lines, anyone know of a good review with some clear photos of the GBA exp pack PCB? Should be able to grab the part #s off of the chips and look up what they are online giving at least a clue as to what it has.
[/EDIT]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night