Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have recently purchased an iTouchDS for a friend and so far it's been working great with the iTouch DS firmware. However, I purchased the flashcart knowing it can run the hacked M3 Sakura firmware but my friend hasn't been able to get it to work (using the latest hacked FW from the download page/Sakura FAQ). My friend is telling me an error message of "boot.xxx not found" or something along the lines of that. The microSD has already been reformatted to FAT32 a few times and still the same error.

Can't troubleshoot it quickly myself because I don't live that close to this friend, so hoping someone can help me here. Perhaps someone who has got it working can provide their files? Or is this one of the cases of it not working at all and having to wait for an official release, like the FAQ mentioned?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a vid on youtube showing an iTouch running Sakura...and it plays roms, so I'm sure it can be done.
No idea where/how you'd get the software for it though.

Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As ds_magic has said, there is a Youtube video of it showing it running and loading a rom (from OzModchips, perhaps I should PM him?
wink2.gif
). I've went through with my friend with the latest triple boot and it appears the iTouch menu loads instead of the Sakura, which seems to be a problem with other iTouch users. I've also read some people getting it working and the initial news post of the hacked FW said it was also for iTouch, although there wasn't much confirmation.

Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link, my friend says it works with those files(except for booting into iTouch FW because you didn't include them). And after comparing the downloads of the firmware/triple boots I think it's because of the boot.eng files...the latest ENG hacked 1.11x SP1 doesn't include one at all, and the latest ENG triple boots have a boot.eng that I think is the same as the iTouch one.

If it works for the triple boot, I'm sure it can work alone (as the problem I've stated with the gbatemp dl). Don't think OzModchips and some others are ones to lie. Although since it's working fine right now, I won't have my friend test out the latest links with this boot.eng since I won't be able to give my friend instructions for a few days.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you probably downloaded the normal m3sakura firmware which has only been region hacked.
the triple boot you got now has hacked boot data for itouch too.

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check my signature, it has a semi-working triple boot. Latest iTouch, M3 real 3.7, and Sakura, but there's a catch. A conflict with Sakura's and M3 Real's system files caused Sakura to lose the ability to run ROMs. It can do some homebrew and is a very nice media player all the same. I've been hoping someone smarter than me would pick it up and fix the problem. Oh well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1