Hacking M3-Sakura-Real-iTouch Triple Boot *English Edition* Is Here!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kamaitachi87 said:
hey i have a M3 sakura.... and i tried to up load the triple pack....but it seems to be having probluems :/ the itouchDS is working fine...but wheni want to upload the m3dsreal, it turns pitch back as soon as it loads the screen please help me D:
You have an M3 Sakura flash cart from Japan? If you do, then you won't be able to boot into M3 Real. I get the same problem when I use the Triple Loader to boot into M3 Real using my Japanese M3 Real cart. I don't know if there's a fix for this, but I haven't bothered to look because I just use my US M3 Real cart with the Triple Loader (which boots all 3 firmwares just fine).

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
kamaitachi87 said:
hey i have a M3 sakura.... and i tried to up load the triple pack....but it seems to be having probluems :/ the itouchDS is working fine...but wheni want to upload the m3dsreal, it turns pitch back as soon as it loads the screen please help me D:

I think this is only for the us version of the m3 real

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexjzim said:
IMPORTANT!!! FIRST-AND-LAST MUST READ!!!!

i was looking around for an itouch ds triple boot, and i found one =]. teh problem is its oudated, and its half english half japanese. first and last, the serious question is, can you work on it, for every itouch ds owner? here is the link.

http://rs316.rapidshare.com/files/12225203...iple_Loader.rar

I don't think itouch owners should be using Sakura or M3DS Real firmware. You bought the cheap cart, in turn, you should only get the cheap firmware. Like many have said before, give the M3 team the money they deserve and buy a cart the firmware is made for.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
tguellich said:
alexjzim said:

i was looking around for an itouch ds triple boot, and i found one =]. teh problem is its oudated, and its half english half japanese. first and last, the serious question is, can you work on it, for every itouch ds owner? here is the link.

I don't think itouch owners should be using Sakura or M3DS Real firmware. You bought the cheap cart, in turn, you should only get the cheap firmware. Like many have said before, give the M3 team the money they deserve and buy a cart the firmware is made for.

Thats great, you have an opinion, others have their opinion, fact of the matter is though your opinion on the subject doesn't matter. People will do what they want to do with their cards cheap or otherwise. that being said last I heard they had the same build quality in all the reviews I read. Coming from an m3 real owner's perspective, my opinion is if they want to use the better options and can get them to work, more power to them

Granted I'm also slightly bitter at them for abandoning the pricier m3 perfect series

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdofu said:
tguellich said:
alexjzim said:

Thats great, you have an opinion, others have their opinion, fact of the matter is though your opinion on the subject doesn't matter. People will do what they want to do with their cards cheap or otherwise. that being said last I heard they had the same build quality in all the reviews I read. Coming from an m3 real owner's perspective, my opinion is if they want to use the better options and can get them to work, more power to them

Granted I'm also slightly bitter at them for abandoning the pricier m3 perfect series

It's just an opinion dude, I wasn't trashing anyone. Thanks for reminding me my opinion doesn't matter, that's a smooth way to get your point across, by insulting people.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
tguellich said:
It's just an opinion dude, I wasn't trashing anyone. Thanks for reminding me my opinion doesn't matter, that's a smooth way to get your point across, by insulting people.

You started it by calling people who by the itouch cheap, I wasn't directly trying to insult you, just make you look at how you came across. People don't always know better when they purchase things. The way I see it, if someway allows them to use the product more fully (the itouch built in firmware is not great) I think we should be happy for them, not complaining. If m3 gets hurt in the pockets they will file the cease and decist order. Again my post wan't meant to insult you. If it makes you feel better my opinion isn't worth crap either

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question. Does Sakura have lower nds rom compatibility and support than M3 DS Real?

I haven't tried the M3 DS Real loader yet, but on Sakura, I was unable to use download play options on several games. For example, I couldn't send Mario Kart DS from my DS Lite to my friend's DS Phat. I'd expect a game like this to be fully supported by the official M3 loader.

kamaitachi87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
kamaitachi87 said:
You have an M3 Sakura flash cart from Japan? If you do, then you won't be able to boot into M3 Real. I get the same problem when I use the Triple Loader to boot into M3 Real using my Japanese M3 Real cart. I don't know if there's a fix for this, but I haven't bothered to look because I just use my US M3 Real cart with the Triple Loader (which boots all 3 firmwares just fine).
do you think if i replace the folder with the japanese m3ds real firmware ....it can possibly work DX because i really want to play summon night and the world ends with you.... but it doesnt work on my sakura DX

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
kamaitachi87 said:
Densetsu3000 said:
kamaitachi87 said:
do you think if i replace the folder with the japanese m3ds real firmware ....it can possibly work DX because i really want to play summon night and the world ends with you.... but it doesnt work on my sakura DX<

No, there would need to be some other changes to make it work, no programers have done it yet though

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
First of all thanks to everyone who worked on this and to make me experience Sakura before its release. Its an awesome piece of firmware and the triple boot compensate for the flaws it can have, because M3 firmware has a 99.99% compatibility with everything.

Theres some things that makes sakura one of the most promising firmware above all for now is the multimedia capabillity not only to support mp3 , dpg and others natively but if you shut your DS down while playing them it will boot exactly where you left off when you turn it back on , apple ipod does not even do that !

Another good feature on top of its lightning fast browsing, is remembering the last 5 nds file used (maybe they could make it 10) as it can save some time usually as you will use the same roms.

The autoboot (not having to touch the warning screen) that sakura has, has been implemented into m3g6 firmware 3.9 so for now I have to stick with it because I use my DS mainly with homebrew software(Dsorganize, Dsnotes ) which dont work on sakura. I would like to boot sakura from it or boot m3g6 by default it would be more practical as playing mp3 is not the main purpose of my DS.

Its only a matter of time when it gets released (and homebrew support will be fixed) I am sure that i'm not the only one that cant wait. And the game compatibility is ensured by this triple boot. Thanks everyone at GBAtemp, Nintendo and M3 for making my DS an amazing piece of hardware.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hey there. I'm still waiting for my M3 Real to arrive, but I've set up my memory card... I think... Can someone check over this for me to see if it works well enough?

On the root of my card I have 1) the system folder, 2) the NDS folder, 3) Various homebrew that says it should be on the root. 4) Defaultx, Defaulty, Boot.eng

I won't go into the system folder because I haven't changed anything there.

In my NDS folder I have each rom in a separate folder to keep it organized. Inside of each folder, I have a .nds file. For some of the games that I've already finished, I have a .sav file. This is what I'm not sure about... The save file should be exactly the same name as the rom (minus the file extension). BUT, should the save file be .sav or .0?

Thanks. If China had faster shipping I could do it myself.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
gosp said:
The save file should be exactly the same name as the rom (minus the file extension). BUT, should the save file be .sav or .0?
They recently changed the save format from .0 to .sav. On a recent firmware for the M3 Real, it would convert your saves. Then when you played a game, it would detect the .0 save and convert it. Sakura, however, uses the .sav format only(not sure). The .sav format seems to work in between my R4 and Sakura which makes it really easy. That's a huge thumbs up to them for using a mainstream?/standard format that most flashcarts use.

EDIT: THE ONLY REASON THIS WAS EDITED WAS BECAUSE MY INTERNET/ROUTER STINKS. I'm gonna go smash it now... Seriously, if anyone knows why I'm getting dropped packets and the freaking error page, please tell me. I am using AT&T Yahoo DSL(Possibly the reason), a stupid NetGear router(Maybe a reason), and a wired connection(the wire doesn't look damaged). (Vista) I'm SICK of this. Can't browse for anything.I freaking TRIPLE MERGED.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
The .sav format seems to work in between my R4 and Sakura which makes it really easy. That's a huge thumbs up to them for using a mainstream?/standard format that most flashcarts use.

Hmmm, I wish some kind soul would let me know how to get roms to work using Sakura solely loaded on R4.
I'd love to know how it's done.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gosp said:
wchill said:
You can't, Sakura DLDI has a restriction that prevents it from loading commercial ROMS.

Fixed in 1.1.1

Unfortunately, that's not right gosp....it only loads roms on M3Real. It can only be DLDI patched for R4 to play music & videos.
frown.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wchill said:
You can't, Sakura DLDI has a restriction that prevents it from loading commercial ROMS.
I do not believe it is a restriction, but related to the different loading methods of different carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...