malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だぜー。
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hey guys!

I have a M3DS REAL and using it on a DSi. Some games e.g. Mario and Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, Picross 3D or Super Mario Bros. (JP) don't work. I just get after creating saver a white screen. I'm on version 4.7. Tried almost every version. Still no success. But it worked before. I don't know which firmware version it was. Any suggestion (except buy a new card)? Thank you!

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For the best game compatibility you should use YSMenu for the M3. It was long ago, but I guess you are using a M3i Zero? If it's not GMP-Z003 it should work with YSMenu.

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だぜー。
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
For the best game compatibility you should use YSMenu for the M3. It was long ago, but I guess you are using a M3i Zero? If it's not GMP-Z003 it should work with YSMenu.

First, thank you for the reply! As I said, I use M3DS REAL not M3i Zero. Will YSmenu work on M3DS Real?

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, sure. Both are using the same system. But I'm wondering because the M3DS Real isn't working for DSi systems? Anyway, check out YSMenu with the latest updates for M3. I hope they are still online somewhere.

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だぜー。
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Yes, sure. Both are using the same system. But I'm wondering because the M3DS Real isn't working for DSi systems? Anyway, check out YSMenu with the latest updates for M3. I hope they are still online somewhere.

Yes it works on DSi because I have HiyaCFW on it. Anyway, thank you much! I will search it now and maybe it will work

Reactions: manu-m3

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried out and the result was...

SUCCESSFUL!

Thank you for your advice @manu-m3 !
Now these roms works fine. YSmenu looks a bit boring but its fine. Thanks again!
Nice that it worked! YSMenu is pretty old and very simple, but back in the days it was one of the most supported DS softwares. Sadly the founder and also the M3 Team gone long time ago.

Reactions: Alexander1970

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だぜー。
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Nice that it worked! YSMenu is pretty old and very simple, but back in the days it was one of the most supported DS softwares. Sadly the founder and also the M3 Team gone long time ago.

Yeah. Thats a point. Sadly, that they gone long time ago:(
Are there any reasons for that they gone?

Last edited by malekmaroc7,

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah. Thats a point. Sadly, that they gone long time ago:(
Are there any reasons for that they gone?
I don't know what Yasu is doing these days, I guess he left the scene because he lost his motivation. For M3Adapter/GBalpha it seems to be a bit different. They were active till 2012/2013, but never released anything since then. Websites are down as well. Maybe they are working under a new name or something like that, but except Supercard and R4i GoldCn (who knows which team is behind them) the most producers disappeared. Same happened to AceKard, which had strong support all the time - then suddenly gone.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know what Yasu is doing these days, I guess he left the scene because he lost his motivation. For M3Adapter/GBalpha it seems to be a bit different. They were active till 2012/2013, but never released anything since then. Websites are down as well. Maybe they are working under a new name or something like that, but except Supercard and R4i GoldCn (who knows which team is behind them) the most producers disappeared. Same happened to AceKard, which had strong support all the time - then suddenly gone.

They probably didn't make enough sales to warrant continued support. Flashcart manufacturers are a business after all.
BTW team supercard is dead, too.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They probably didn't make enough sales to warrant continued support. Flashcart manufacturers are a business after all.
BTW team supercard is dead, too.
Yes, but I'm wondering what they are doing after that. GBalpha was a bit bigger than other manufacturers - so it was very surprising they gone completely.

Really? Thought they are still active.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep. SC forums are broken and you can't get the cards in any shops since about 1 and a half year.
For me these flashcards scenes are really fascinating. I always wondered what people are behind them. The early gba/ds days were very exciting. Was a time when they produced so many interesting software, so many talented creators (Yasu or Moonlight were good examples). I'm just curious if there are the same guys behind Gateway, Sky3DS, Team Xecuter etc.

Reactions: malekmaroc7

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For me these flashcards scenes are really fascinating. I always wondered what people are behind them. The early gba/ds days were very exciting. Was a time when they produced so many interesting software, so many talented creators (Yasu or Moonlight were good examples). I'm just curious if there are the same guys behind Gateway, Sky3DS, Team Xecuter etc.

The guys behind sky3ds are really secritive. The website is ran by a shop or something who only buys the cards from another mystery company in the shadows.
Gateway = TX = Stargate 3DS. These people are in the game for a very, very long time and at least some of them have been arrested in the past, at least according to legends :)

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The guys behind sky3ds are really secritive. The website is ran by a shop or something who only buys the cards from another mystery company in the shadows.
Gateway = TX = Stargate 3DS. These people are in the game for a very, very long time and at least some of them have been arrested in the past, at least according to legends :)
TX and Gateway are the same guys? Any sources for that? TX was famous back in the xbox original days. Don't know anything about Stargate though.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TX and Gateway are the same guys? Any sources for that? TX was famous back in the xbox original days. Don't know anything about Stargate though.

GW probably bought the TX domain for the switch related stuff. I'm not sure if there is defenitive proof (except for similar practices like bricking codes, garyopa as "voice", stargate and sxos have similar packages etc).

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GW probably bought the TX domain for the switch related stuff. I'm not sure if there is defenitive proof (except for similar practices like bricking codes, garyopa as "voice", stargate and sxos have similar packages etc).
Very interesting. Thanks for that information.

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だぜー。
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I have another question. How did the people (for example M3DS Real) create firmwares? On Mac, Ubuntu or Windows? I want to find that out. It is interesting.

PS: Supercard is gone as well?? That's strange because their website is still up.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have another question. How did the people (for example M3DS Real) create firmwares? On Mac, Ubuntu or Windows? I want to find that out. It is interesting.

PS: Supercard is gone as well?? That's strange because their website is still up.
Don't know that for sure, but Yasu used Windows only. I think the M3 guys too, because most of the tutorials etc. showed windows.

Maybe Supercard payed for the domain till longer. Guess they will be gone soon.

Reactions: malekmaroc7

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm pretty sure that Gateway = TX rumor was debunked as soon as it arose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q