gringosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I was looking into upgrading my flash card and I can't seem to decide between these two. They both say they have the ability to upgrade the firmware kernal of the physical card, but I can't seem to find anything that says one is better over the other. Just that the Supercard is cheaper.

I found the M3i Zero here:
http://www.dscardworld.com

And the super card on a list here:
http://eng.supercard.sc/map/UNITED-STATES.htm

But some of the shops for the supercard seem kind of engrish and I'm worried they ship from China and I kind of want it soon.

Any reason to go with the Supercard DSi-One over the M3i Zero?

Thanks in advance.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3i dude my friend just got supercard a few months ago and is already sick of the slower loading times

also dude don't post this in the m3 section because almost all your results will be biased towards m3

gringosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks gameguy,

I didn't see a general flash card forum, so I figured anywhere would have to work. Good to hear you've had experience with both.

hrm316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both cards. M3izero has a better GUI and faster loading times (booting up). In-game loading times are the same. In terms of ROM compatibility, both of them are great and I didn't notice any difference. There's no big difference, but if you want better GUI go for M3i.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Supercard but do have a M3. Its not a great cart. I reccomend you getting the Supercard DSone instead. RTS doesn't work in the M3 good lots of games don't work with RTS in it. Plus the new menu for the SC is awesome.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
I don't have a Supercard but do have a M3. Its not a great cart. I reccomend you getting the Supercard DSone instead. RTS doesn't work in the M3 good lots of games don't work with RTS in it. Plus the new menu for the SC is awesome.
dont listen to him... as usual
get the m3i

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jakob95 said:

It works fine for me...

gringosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I might hold off for the new menu for Supercard to percolate around
smile.gif
But I dont' mind paying more for the M3i Zero. I'd rather pay once and have a card I don't have to worry about, and it's not like these things don't pay for themselves many times over. Thanks guys!

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both a SuperCard One and a M3iZero. Definitely get the M3i Zero.

The support sucks from the Supercard team. They next update, and new games require patches and still don't always work right.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with the SuperCard for two reasons:

1. New loader. It's going to be much faster, and has a much better GUI from before (more polished). The build of the card is much better than the M3i Zero, which means you'll like that it's more sturdy. There are also many options on the in game menu on the new loader which should come out soon.

2. I've got a personal grudge on the M3 team. They fucked up Moonlight's DS hacking motivation. He quit the scene because of them. That I cannot forgive. Even though I don't know the guy, that was pretty fucked up of them.

To sum it up, the SC does everything the M3i does (and more!), but better (or maybe at the same level). And it's cheaper. The M3i is practically only known for it's awesome, yet stolen GUI.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing to consider is that the Supercard team supports its products far longer than GBAlpha (the company that makes the M3, G6 & iTouch carts). The slot 2 Supercards were getting updates for something like 2 years after GBAlpha stopped updating their slot 2 carts. GBAlpha also stopped properly supporting the G6 Real as soon as they stopped making it, even while stores were still selling it. If you want a company that has a proven track record of long-term support, the Supercard team wins hands down over any other flashcart manufacturer.

That said, the current SCDS1 menu sucks. A lot. There is the new Evolution OS that they're working on, but my policy on unreleased software is that it doesn't exist until it's out.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
2. I've got a personal grudge on the M3 team. They fucked up Moonlight's DS hacking motivation. He quit the scene because of them. That I cannot forgive. Even though I don't know the guy, that was pretty fucked up of them.
Have you not noticed the many Moonshell updates since then?

I would personally get an M3 for the GUI. Sure they stole it from Moonshell but that is irrelevant to its functionality.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
he come back and started doing moonshell again after his short lived hissy fit

and of course as I always say your just taking a side on something you dont have the full story on
moonlight posted here that he got screwed by the m3 team
then g6 team (a member here that represents gbaalpha) posted they did pay moonlight

then it died off, moonlight went back to developing moonshell and no one cared about it anymore
we dont know who was lying, and we will probably never will

choosing sides under the circumstances is just pure stupidity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/amAULN7yJis?si=JWDANkaENVhXuLBd stay out of the water Psi