Hacking MadWorld #002 error w/ blue screen

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After extensive searching, I know this issue has already been addressed in numerous posts but I find some of the information is conflicting and I'm not 100% sure what all applies to me.

When I installed the Homebrew Channel and Backup Loader channel I followed these steps.

* Start the homebrew channel.
* Start wad manager v1.3 and install “1 - IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad”
* After installing, reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
* Now start Wad manager for cIOS_fix and install the wad “2 - cios_fix.wad”
* Start IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1, follow the on-screen instructions and reboot your wii after everything is ready.
* Go to the homebrew channel and press dvdxinstaller
* Go to advanced and select IOS 249
* Reboot your wii after installing, and go back to the homebrew channel.
* Press CIOS Installer and follow on-screen instructions
* After installing reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
* Open Wad manager, and install “4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad”

everything seems to be working fine and the backups I have tried have been successful. I just need to force to NTSC mode from the Backup Loader menu to enjoy the proper graphics.

When I try to play Madworld, I get a #002 error with a blue screen. So far it seems like I MAY need various IOS files (forget which 3 those are) OR cIOS36_rev8.

Being a complete noob, I don't know exactly what these files are or what they do. What steps do I need to take (if any) before installing the 3 ISO's OR cIOS36_rev8. I pretty much just followed that guide blindly step by step, not knowing exactly what I was doing to my precious Wii.

Thanks in advance for any VALUABLE information to come.

-Digital

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geishroy said:
as long as you're on 3.2 you just need to install the cios rev 8 and the 3 ios then it will run.

I'm actually on 3.4u

Not sure if this is a problem but from what I understand, downgrading is not necessary? I read I am not able install Starfall on 3.4u but that is about it.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
geishroy said:
as long as you're on 3.2 you just need to install the cios rev 8 and the 3 ios then it will run.

I'm actually on 3.4u

Not sure if this is a problem but from what I understand, downgrading is not necessary? I read I am not able install Starfall on 3.4u but that is about it.

not too sure myself. i don't really mess with 3.4 outside out downgrading to 3.2. i'm pretty sure that you can install cios on 3.4 though? yah?
but again to play madworld, you will need to install the cios and the ios's regardless.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think you have to downgrade, just make sure you have version 8 of cIOS and the three required IOS files installed.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geishroy said:
Digital1980 said:
geishroy said:

I'm actually on 3.4u

not too sure myself. i don't really mess with 3.4 outside out downgrading to 3.2. i'm pretty sure that you can install cios on 3.4 though? yah?
but again to play madworld, you will need to install the cios and the ios's regardless.

QUOTE(Jotokun @ Mar 21 2009, 05:11 PM)
I dont think you have to downgrade, just make sure you have version 8 of cIOS and the three required IOS files installed.

Interesting, thanks for your input guys. Looks like I definitely need the 3 IOS files and cios rev 8 to play Madworld.

I guess my next question is this ok to do on firmware version 3.4u? Also, how and what order to install the 3 IOS's and cios rev 8?

Zoulpain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Install the 3 ioses or GeckOS channel and the game will run just fine.

Install it in order.. 38, 53, 55 .. don't thing you need rev 8.. i did not need it.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I installed GeckOS from the Homebrew Browser and when I tried to play the Game, I received a "NO DVD" error.

I have not tried the IOS's yet.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
geishroy said:
Digital1980 said:
geishroy said:

I'm actually on 3.4u

QUOTE(Jotokun @ Mar 21 2009, 05:11 PM)

Interesting, thanks for your input guys. Looks like I definitely need the 3 IOS files and cios rev 8 to play Madworld.

I guess my next question is this ok to do on firmware version 3.4u? Also, how and what order to install the 3 IOS's and cios rev 8?

google cIOS36_rev8, IOS38-64-v3609, IOS53-64-v4113, IOS55-64-v4633
the cIOS should be in a .dol format that you can just run from the homebrew channel.
the three IOS should be wads, which you need to use wad installer to install

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of your help so far everyone!

So far it sounds like I need to install cIOS36_rev8 which I need rename boot.dol and place in a folder called "cIOS36_rev8_installer" and place that in a folder called "apps" in the root of the SD card?

Also, I have been told I need to install 3 IOS files. IOS38-64-v3609.wad, IOS53-64-v4113.wad and IOS55-64-v4633.wad which are placed in a folder called "wad" in the root on my SD card.

I understand cIOS36_rev8 will replace any older version I may have such as rev7 (no uninstall needed?) so that should be ok.

Do I need to remove my previous .wad files or just add these 3 to what already exists?

I also read that cIOS36_rev8 needs to be renamed boot.dol and placed in the root of the SD card which seems to conflict with placing the same file in the folder called "cIOS36_rev8_installer" located in the "apps" folder. Not sure what to follow there.

My questions are:

Do I need remove old .wad files before adding new ones?

In what order and how do I install these 4 things?

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geishroy said:
just install the wads. and then install the cios.

Sorry for being such a noob and asking what may be stupid questions. In another thread, someone told me to forget all of the these steps and use cIOSCORP which seems to require downgrading to firmware version 3.2. I'm not sure how to go about that or if I even need to do so. From what I have read and what the helpful information you all have given me, I should be good to go with installing the recommended files to play Madworld but I would also like to be good to go for future and current releases of all sorts.

My thread pertaining to cIOSCORP

Thanks again for putting up with my noobness. I will definitely be spreading the knowledge down the road. I'm learning lots. Thanks!

-Digital

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I got it working after a downgrade to 3.2 and then installing ISO38, 53, 55 and cIOS36_rev8

Madworld = Great game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious