OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Required System

• [*] Pentium 90 or higher processor[*] 16 MB RAM[*] Microsoft Windows 95 operating system or Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 3[*] Local SVGA bus video display (with 1 MB VRAM)[*] 80 MB of available hard disk space[*] 50 MB free disk space for swap file[*] Quad speed CD-ROM drive - for cinematics[*] Double speed CD-ROM drive - for gameplay[*] Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device[*] Sound board plus speakers or headphones to hear audio[*] 28.8 Kbps modem for head-to-head play [*]

@CPU, Pentium 90, that is laughable, but since the CPU acts as a video card, Microsoft may have to 'optimize' it
@RAM 16Mb, the ds has 4, at least the DS has nothing running in background, may need RAM expansion pack
@OS Nope
@GPU I'm sure the cpu can handle this crap, plus, I'm sure the resolution will be lower, with 2 screens even
@HDD I'm sure a game cart can can store 2048mb...
@Drives WE DON"T NEEDEM
@Mouse NOPE
@Music, speakers
@Network Wifi

I do not see any reason Microsoft should not put AOE on the DS as a RTS
If the DS can handle quake 2, it an handle this

MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft didn't make the game, THQ just got the rights to make DS versions.

Blame THQ, I've got an version of AoE on my PDA and it works so damn well. I don't see why they went the way they did with the DS game, perhaps its because DS gamers are used to turn based strategy games or something but whatever the excuse is that its a stupid one.

Jeff88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, in my opinion, most of DS' RTS aren't that good. There are always problems with the interface or AI. Everyone keep on saying that DS is the perfect console for RTS, but I don't really see it that way.

You are limited to the directional and shoulder buttons along with the tiny screen as well. Most of the RTS that I played in DS are only decent at most (Revenant Wings, Robocalyse, and Heroes of Manas).

Jeff88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, double post
unsure.gif

Jiyik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's enough RTS on PC to not want this crowd invade the DS. I stopped play AOE when they stop support a pause, ie AOE 3 and that was an extreme joy to see I have AOE2 turn based.
Buy yourself a PC in you want play RTS. With its keyboard and mouse combo it will be the king of this genre a long time.
I saw this RTS with vocal commands well I bet it will need a total change in RTS gameplay to have a chance to work. No surprise that RTS players find it too simple, so simple that it isn't interesting.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
a few months ago, blizzard was contemplating making starcraft for ds and diablo for psp. imagine....starcraft with 8 player mutiplayer? i think korea would die from the shock. alas, the lack of a keyboard, and the very small screen would make it difficult for the game to be good. thus presents the underlying issue with rts on ds. though a dumb downed version of popular rts could work.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think that DS 2 will be the perfect handheld for RTS. It's just too hard for the DS with its limited(?) power and small screens.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not going to go into this too much, but you are wrong. (Original Poster) Understand the PC, minimum, recommended, and the size of the maps, number of civs, AI scripts etc.. The game can require alot more than a P90. Especially Age of Empires 2.

I agree with @Fakie!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P