lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i know i probly ask too many questions opn here, but i have another question... would it be possible for me to install more memory onto my nintendo wii at all? theres only like 256mb to start with and thats pathetic! ive also noticed that i can install a whole bunch of wads at one time using wadmanager and then i have to delete stuff until the blocks memory says 0. so im thinkin maybe the wii actually has more than 1681 blocks of memory, but nintendo makes it so u can only use a small ammount to prevent getting too many games for free and other hacks, etc.
so there might be a way to make a hack that enables use of all the memory on the wii
unsure.gif

some of u may think im just stupid with my weird ideas,but its possible right?

lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... well i'd still like to know if theres a way to make more room at least so that i can put my music right onto my wii and stuff and maybe even make it so u can play your music while playing a game like the 360 has
smile.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:
hmmm... well i'd still like to know if theres a way to make more room at least so that i can put my music right onto my wii and stuff and maybe even make it so u can play your music while playing a game like the 360 has
smile.gif

The 360 is also quite a powerhouse in comparison. I don't think the wii is able to handle that kind of mutitasking, at least not with some compromise in gameplay. If you want strictly music playback, you can put the songs on SD and use MPlayer, instead of wasting valuable NAND space.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe you could increase the memory available for savegames, VC and WiiWare. But i would not recommend it, nintendo reserves about 50% of the memory for firmware files. You don't want to delete anything when you get a new firmware update, don't you?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
lavamasta said:
smile.gif

The 360 is also quite a powerhouse in comparison. I don't think the wii is able to handle that kind of mutitasking, at least not with some compromise in gameplay. If you want strictly music playback, you can put the songs on SD and use MPlayer, instead of wasting valuable NAND space.

...Um you never played Excite Truck or Endless Ocean, have you?... The Wii is perfectly capable of streaming music from the SD card during gamepley. as for all this talk about expanding the Wii's memory for petes sakes how many times do I have to say it?!?! SDHC SDHC SDHC SDHC!!!! Honestly if we get SDHC support for the System menu, we're practically golden. You can get a 32 Gb SDHC card for pretty cheap online these days.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
...Um you never played Excite Truck or Endless Ocean, have you?... The Wii is perfectly capable of streaming music from the SD card during gamepley. as for all this talk about expanding the Wii's memory for petes sakes how many times do I have to say it?!?! SDHC SDHC SDHC SDHC!!!! Honestly if we get SDHC support for the System menu, we're practically golden. You can get a 32 Gb SDHC card for pretty cheap online these days.

No I haven't. But then I wonder why DLC from GHWT and RB2 gets copied to NAND first before playing. Different audio streams for each instrument too much? or something else?

SDHC support would rock, wonder what's stopping them.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
LightyKD said:

No I haven't. But then I wonder why DLC from GHWT and RB2 gets copied to NAND first before playing. Different audio streams for each instrument too much? or something else?

I assume the whole copying to the NAND first, thing is probably for the casuals who dont want to deal with the "SD card shuffle" and is also default because very new Wii users might not have a SD card but still want to try the DLC for those games.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
SilverSurfR said:
LightyKD said:

I assume the whole copying to the NAND first, thing is probably for the casuals who dont want to deal with the "SD card shuffle" and is also default because very new Wii users might not have a SD card but still want to try the DLC for those games.

Not exactly what I meant... although I understand what you mean.

I haven't tested this out with GH, but with RB2, I know it happens for sure. If you go to play any DLC tracks that have already been moved to SD, it copies the track back to NAND before playback instead of streaming off the card. I can understand when you first DL the song that it gets put into NAND for your reasons above. But if you have the DLC already on the SD, why copy to NAND, play the track, then delete from NAND. Sounds crazy, but this IS what is really happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ sypt: youre a life saver <3