Hacking MAME Emulator for the R4?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even if there were to be one, to emulate the decent games at a fair speed is wishful thinking.. im sure those arcade games from 1970 and so would work fine though ;P

ThadSharpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My brother bought back a 100 game cartridge for my daughter's GBA a couple of years back, and on the cartridge were some GBA games and then 40 or so old arcade games (Galaga, Pac Man, Dig Dug to name a few) that looked like, sounded like and played like the arcade originals. Can anyone shed some light on how that was done emulator-wise?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mame games would struggle to play i think
frown.gif

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother bought back a 100 game cartridge for my daughter's GBA a couple of years back, and on the cartridge were some GBA games and then 40 or so old arcade games (Galaga, Pac Man, Dig Dug to name a few) that looked like, sounded like and played like the arcade originals. Can anyone shed some light on how that was done emulator-wise?

gba has a great homebrew nes emulator, Pocketnes. Likely that you played a nes emulator for gba containing nes roms that were remakes of arcade games...

ThadSharpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on the games... if there is homebrew that runs the old SCUMM games, then pretty much any arcade game from say 1989 back would run fairly well. That is my dream, to have a bunch of the oldschool arcade games at my handheld disposal!!

ThadSharpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My brother bought back a 100 game cartridge for my daughter's GBA a couple of years back, and on the cartridge were some GBA games and then 40 or so old arcade games (Galaga, Pac Man, Dig Dug to name a few) that looked like, sounded like and played like the arcade originals.  Can anyone shed some light on how that was done emulator-wise?

gba has a great homebrew nes emulator, Pocketnes. Likely that you played a nes emulator for gba containing nes roms that were remakes of arcade games...

You could be right, but they did look exactly like the old arcade games. Could the NES do arcade games that well? Been so long since I have even seen an NES, let alone an old NES game.

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother bought back a 100 game cartridge for my daughter's GBA a couple of years back, and on the cartridge were some GBA games and then 40 or so old arcade games (Galaga, Pac Man, Dig Dug to name a few) that looked like, sounded like and played like the arcade originals. Can anyone shed some light on how that was done emulator-wise?

You could be right, but they did look exactly like the old arcade games. Could the NES do arcade games that well? Been so long since I have even seen an NES, let alone an old NES game.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/galaga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ